Ecstasy/ carnival questions

bmetz34

Is the coffee shop on board complimentary? I wouldn't have thought so but saw a recent review saying it was.

Does someone monitor all the water slides? We have a dare devil (tall) 3yr old that will want to do all the slides but I'm sure is probably too short for at least the biggest one. But I'm ok with her doing them if she can get on them. Any experience with height restrictions or monitoring of use?

Should we expect a wait for your time dining? Do they give you a buzzer so you can wander around? Will they speed up dinner if you ask? Well probably at least try out bringing the 3yo one night, but she's not going to sit for a 2hr dinner so if we can fast track it and still enjoy, it's a thought.

Thanks if you have answers to any or all of this!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There is free coffee onboard at the buffet.

The coffee bar on Promenade Deck does have a charge. DH paid just over $2 for an espresso. There is a punch card. Buy so many and get a free one. Oh, the carrot cake is excellent.

But when it is open there are crew staffing it. They do monitor height etc.

We've had buzzers for ATD on occasion. Depends on the makeup of your fellow pax. Ask them if they can speed it up.

The club does meet for dinner most nights around 6. Basically it's kid food with carrots and peas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the coffee shop on board complimentary? I wouldn't have thought so but saw a recent review saying it was.

Should we expect a wait for your time dining? Do they give you a buzzer so you can wander around? Will they speed up dinner if you ask? Well probably at least try out bringing the 3yo one night, but she's not going to sit for a 2hr dinner so if we can fast track it and still enjoy, it's a thought.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The specialty coffee is a pay option, however if you do Cheers it is now included with that. So you might have saw a reviewer that was on cheers saying that the coffee is included. ( they also have awesome milkshakes....)

For your time dining, if you need to be done in less than 1.5hrs ( which is usually the norm) ask to be seated at a table by just your group, then tell the server when he comes over that you need to be out by X time.. I would not try to do it in less than 50 minutes, but you can. With YTD, they have the ability to get the food faster for you. Just keep in mind that the server is servicing about 25 people at the same time, assuming their section is full. So it might still slow down a bit.

The easiest way IMHO opinion to handle young kids in MDR is with early fixed seating. You can do the same thing with YTD but then you need to be lined up and request the same server each night so they know you are coming.

We started this when my son was 3 and his brother 8. First night (no camp) we asked the wait staff to have milk and a fruit plate for each boy ready at 6 when we arrived. This got nutrition and not bread filler into them as they were ready to chow down by then. They picked out their entree (used adult menu - they eat adult food at home and there are plenty of easy go to's like grilled chicken, steak or salmon as well as sides like mac n cheese and veggies that are kid friendly) and dessert so that when our appetizer arrived, their dinner was there. And their dessert came with our entree. They were done by 7.

One of us would walk them to camp and sign them in while the other ordered coffee and dessert. The rest of the evening was ours for Mom and Dad to enjoy. We were usually done by 730 and off to a show.

We also traveled with crayons, paper, matchbook cars, mini action figures etc so they were allowed to have something at the table. But generally it was more a finger fidget item because they were so excited to watch the waiters, eat like big kids, and tell us about their adventures of the day!