Solo in Barbados before cruise

parislady40

I usually travel with my husband, but I will be doing a solo cruise for a change. Can anyone suggest a hotel for a solo female traveler. I travel solo quite a bit business for business, but Barbados has not been on my map. I just want to feel secure, and will only be there one night All your suggestions are appreciated. Price is not a big factor. Thanks

Well, I go to Barbados pretty frequently and the last time I went I stayed at the Little Bay Hotel at the top of St. Lawrence Gap. (And I was solo too) It's not for everyone, it's not what I would call upscale, but the view from the balcony was to die for and there are a LOT of restaurants a few steps away. There is another really nice beach next door called "Sandy Bay". These beaches are pretty sheltered without the heavy wave action I've experienced on other South Coast beaches. I really like the St. Lawrence Gap area.

I am guessing it's about a half hour cab ride to the Port, but you'd need to check into that.

http://littlebayhotelbarbados.com/

Here are a few pics from my last visit, the birdfeeding pics were taken on my balcony at that hotel:

http://www.racephoto.com/windies1/

The attached image is of the bay taken from my balcony.

Hope this info helps.

Gail

littlebaybeach.jpg.cfbc87bf079d0f5d82a7114becd6baee.jpg

Gail,

Thank you so much. Your pics make me feel like I am there already. The view from your balcony is magical. I am in need of some true rest and relaxation. This will be a perfect start before the cruise..again solo. Thanks again. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I am from Bermuda, so it is not an official holiday, but our family still celebrates.

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

I enjoyed it very much. It looked good online, but when I walked into that room and saw that view.......I was in love! :) It is a small hotel, I believe there are only 10 rooms. The accomodations are basic, but fine for me. I had a "studio with balcony" room which was right above the restaurant outside seating area, and yes I could hear some noise from below when I was on the balcony. However, it's a nice Italian restaurant and not some party place so it wasn't a problem for me. The beach right in front of the hotel is used by fishermen mostly. They cleaned the catch on tables right next to the hotel and I guess sold some of it to the restaurant. I enjoyed that local color. When I went to the beach I went to Sandy Bay next door where there are chair rentals, windsurfers, all the other beachy type stuff. It was probably a half mile walk. It was low tide when I left so I was able to wade around the rocky point that seperates the two beaches, but for the trip home I walked down the road. I also took a cab one day down to Rockley Beach. At the far end of the Gap is Dover Beach too. Honestly, I am not that much of a sit-on-the-beach person, so I spent most of my spare time on my balcony with my coffee watching the birds and boats. I was there for a week, on my own the whole time. St. Lawrence Gap is a big bar and restaurant district and there are restaurants for all tastes and price points. The restaurant you can see in my night pics is called Pisces, a very nice and expensive seafood restaurant. I often ate at an Irish pub, don't recall the name, but they had flying fish fingers, and I *love* flying fish. I walked around after dark by myself and never had a problem, but I was usually back at the hotel by 11pm.

I really loved the place and will stay there next time I go to Barbados, haven't decided if I'll make it this year or not yet. Before last year I stayed at Dover Beach Hotel but I liked Little Bay much better.

Gail

Thanks......I love Barbados. Guess it shows. :) I have been there for several weeklong trips and would go back in a minute. I would like very much to explore some of the northern areas next time I'm there.

Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Gail

Archived