Escape for families

vaca1981

I've seen some great and funny reviews of the escape but they all seem to only show what drinks they are having at the moment. I haven't seen too many reviews about families (with young kids) being on the escape. So just want to make sure that the escape does attract families with young kids and not just a spring break crowd.

HA! I can't imagine a Spring Break crowd on this ship.

Provided you are sailing during school break times, it will be overflowing with families and children. The ship is designed for families, with the expansion of the kids water park, larger ropes course, etc. compared to it's smaller sister ships.

We are booked on the Escape b/c I've read so many things about how great it is for all ages (my kids range in age from 8-16). The amenities with the added bonus of good food (my kids are lil' foodie fans) sold us.

Check out the review that CamaCama did last year.

Thanks everyone. I feel better. Never sailed on ncl before so I am not sure what to expect. I did a search and found camacama review and can't wait to read it.

We will be on the escape in less than two weeks. We have a 8 & 10 year old and I plan on posting about our cruise. I am a bit different then the average cruise reviewer. I hate the taste of alcohol so you will get a different view point. We all have gopros or cheap knockoffs for the kids so may be uploading to YouTube a bunch as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We were on the May 6th sailing with a 12 , 11 and 7 year old. The kids loved the sports deck. We spent our entire week up there. There were also some great presentations in the Atrium our kids enjoyed. The kids pool area was nice with some interactive water toys. And slides for all age groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This will be our third trip with the family (14 and 10) on the escape in the last 2 years. Only reason we are back is the kids loved it. Make sure yours go to kids club the first day. If the make a friend or two, they will have an amazing trip. There is a ton of things to do for the kids.

Thanks Tighertastic! Yes, I did a review a few weeks ago. I enjoyed CamaCama's review also. Before our trip I had a hard time figuring out how a day on the ship would flow with the kids and the Splash Academy schedule. Final verdict...Ahhhhh-may-zing week on the Escape with our two kids ages 9 and 5.

Here is the link to my report:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2482638&highlight=escape

Edited by cookie*
Pushed reply too soon

Our children are a bit older (12 & 15) and they LOVED this ship so much that we booked it again for this fall. That is the best thing we found about this ship its that it is both family friendly and also perfect for just some couple time alone! I actually booked it again for next January for a couples only cruise as well;)!

• 4 weeks later...
Our children are a bit older (12 & 15) and they LOVED this ship so much that we booked it again for this fall. That is the best thing we found about this ship its that it is both family friendly and also perfect for just some couple time alone! I actually booked it again for next January for a couples only cruise as well;)!

Did they hang out at ENTOURAGE at all? We ae traveling with our 8 year old and 14 year old daughters. Not worried about the 8 year old -she will love the Kids Club - was wondering how the teens like the teen club?

Our 14 year old daughter (13 last trip) loved it. Made friends the first night and we pretty much had to force her to hang with the family. Any free time she had, she spent it with her fiends in the club.

We made here keep her phone on her and on, along with the texting on board app. Gave here access to her new friends and us the ability to track her down at any time.

Only advice i have is have them go for a few hours the first and second day. If they meet some nice people they will have a great time.

My family cruised aboard the Escape in December of last year and had a blast.

It was hubby and I, my parents, daughters (12 & 10) and sons (7 & 5). The entire family had such a good time that all of us have expressed a desire to cruise aboard the Escape again in the future. My mother is a seasoned cruiser through many lines and that's the first time she's ever wanted to cruise the same ship a second time.

The food was excellent and all of us always found something we loved to eat - even the picky eaters. The kids really enjoyed their time at the kids clubs and asked to go there after dinner every night, freeing the adults up to enjoy the shows.

The kids loved the splash pad and family pool, as well as ping pong, mini-putt and the ropes course throughout the days at sea.

Would definitely recommend the Escape for families.

Happy sailing!