Room cleaning question?

papa4330

Officially Carnival still has both morning and evening service if requested according to Heald, but they are just dumping that work on the stewards without proper staffing. My guess is that in another year we will not have a choice.

I'm one of those that want service in the morning and then in the evening I don't need cleaning BUT I want dry towels, ice refilled and the Fun Times. If I can't have that it will be a deal breaker for us.:(

Are people really that messy that they need someone to clean up after them 2 times a day?

I think that most folks who want service 2x a day don't expect the room to be actually cleaned both times but rather they want dry towels (as there's nowhere to hang towels to dry) and to have ice buckets refilled (because they have no access to the ice machines on the cabin decks) during the second visit. I don't feel that's unreasonable. :confused:

We were on the Dream in January and our room steward gave us the card to fill out asking if we wanted morning, or evening service or both. There were also spots to check off for ice, extra towels, robes, etc.

I may be in the minority but I was 100% satisfied with ONCE a day cleaning, and chose EVENING. I had always hated feeling that I needed to leave our room in the morning so the room steward could come in and clean. I like having a long, leisurely breakfast (on the balcony), maybe sit and read for awhile out there too, take a shower, etc. and by choosing evening service I really enjoyed my mornings on the cruise so much more than before. And most evenings on the cruise we were at dinner, then a show or comedy club, a walk on the top deck, a late night snack, etc. so the room was vacant for several hours so she could come in and clean.

We asked for ice and extra towels and both requests were granted, so I had absolutely NO problem with once a day service. We also received a towel animal every night. We left our automatic tip in place, and tipped extra. I know many people feel they don't have/want to tip extra anymore, but we still feel that they work hard for the cruise guests and we want to reward them for their service.