soda in luggage?

i am curious. can you get more luggage tags at the pier if you need them because i have a suitcase on wheels and a hanging bag. i was thinking of maybe taking some soda but don't want to put it in with my clothes. do you have any suggestions since i only got 2 tags from rccl in the booklet.

i am curious. can you get more luggage tags at the pier if you need them because i have a suitcase on wheels and a hanging bag. i was thinking of maybe taking some soda but don't want to put it in with my clothes. do you have any suggestions since i only got 2 tags from rccl in the booklet.
There are 2 tags per person. You need more than that?

If you plan on packing only soda in a bag with little padding. You may not be able to open it until the end of the week. Have you ever seen how they deal with bags? They do take a tumble more often then not. So plan on the soda having been shook up a bit. Be careful when you pop the top on the first one.

If you plan on packing only soda in a bag with little padding. You may not be able to open it until the end of the week. Have you ever seen how they deal with bags? They do take a tumble more often then not. So plan on the soda having been shook up a bit. Be careful when you pop the top on the first one.

The problem may occur if they put your bag of cans near the bottom of the pile of luggage in the crate. It is possible for the weight of the other luggage to crush the cans, then the liquid runs out into everyone else's luggage. What's so important about some cans of soda?

We had a friend that packed his soda in his checked luggage. He put it in at his florida hotel before boarding the ship. When he got his luggage it was dripping soda. All his clothing was a big sticky wet mess. This was on a princess cruise and they did clean all his stuff for free, but still it was a big hassle.

The luggage gets piled up in huge crates and if yours is at the bottom- well you get the picture.

We usually either just carry on our 12 pack or put it in our small rolling carry on and stash it in our cabin closet.

Funcruiser

Boy, do we understand the "soda dilema!"

We are very much into diet Coke and we discovered what we get on board is nothing like what we get back home.

I began to ask for a slice of lemon in my drink and this worked out well.

Now as for the price of the soda program, yeah, it's not cheap. you really have to work at getting your money's worth.

We have just came back for a back to back caribbean cruise on Mariner of the Seas. As soon as we got to the first port, we hit a local store and purchased a box of cans and lived happily ever after.

Surely you can wait until your first port. Also, you may wish to discover water and/or tea.

Happy sailing.

Archived