Miracle 11/13 Review

ArmyEngrWife

I'll make it short just to let you know how everything went. We had a great week. This was our first cruise for us. My husband, 2 boys and I. My Mom's 5th. However she mostly gambled and the kids always wanted to go to Camp Carnival. There were quite a few kids to make it fun for them. And the counselors were great!

Our itinerary was to go to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya. We were one of the fortunate ships to stop at Cozumel. However the water was too rough to stop at Costa Maya.

I think I need to go on a few more cruises to get in the groove of cruising.

Day 1: Embarkation was great. We flew down the same day and all went well. Got the bus to the terminal. Lines weren't all that bad and everything went smooth. Got on ship and did the fun muster drill! Didn't take long at all. After that you're on your own. We just walked around and got to know the ship. I think our 11 year old learned the ship faster then we did.

Day 2: At sea. Again walked around during the day and watched all the people.

Day 3: Grand Cayman. We took Native Way Stingray City and Island Tour. Great tour to take. Stingray City was fun but I was a little scared since the water was very choppy and stingrays all around.

Day 4: Cozumel. Since we weren't sure if we were actually going to go there we didn't book anything. We still had a great time shopping. We ate at a small restruant that was quiet and very pleasant. We also walked around and saw some of the damage. They're trying their best to get it back in order.

Day 5: Belize. This is an island that I think you really need to have an excursion for. You can just get off and do some shopping but if you pass the black gates in the back of the shops the locals are more pushy and I guess I was a little nervous and wanted to get back into the normal shopping area. One guy walked up to my husband and I and said he was the "bad boy of poems". With his accent I thought he said something else instead of peoms and told my husband we needed to leave ASAP! lol

Day 6: Costa Maya. As I said the waters were too rough to make the stop. :o( Stayed on the ship and gambled and walked around and did a little shopping. We did make an emergency stop in Cozumel but never found out what happened. Next day they did say the person was doing fine.

Day 7: Sea Day. Another day of eating, walking and shopping!

Day 8: Debarkation went just fine. However we had VIP tags as our flight was leaving at 1145am. They said anyone leaving before noon to leave to catch the busses. I think everyone had flights before noon! Oh well we made it with plenty of time. We were let off at the ship yards instead of at the normal terminal as an oil tanker was broken down and I guess the ship couldn't make it in. It was done well. We got off the ship, caught busses to the terminal, got our luggage in all the mess of people and bags and went through customs. That was a laugh! All they did was take our customs card and we walked out. Got on the bus to the airport and home!

Our kids loved Camp Carnival. Our 11 year old was up and ready to go before they opened. He didn't care if he got off this ship or not. He would have rather stayed on the ship the whole time. Our 4 year old enjoyed it as well unless Funship Freddie was there. He didn't do the "Hunt for Freddie" either. And he almost didn't sing in the kids talent show because Freddie was there.

We also met a guy that made friends with our 4 year old. His name was Henry and had bleached blond hair all spiked up. Our son stared at him while we were in line to get on the ship. Once on the ship we ran into him a few times and he always said Hi to us. So if you're reading this "Hi Henry"!

Over all we had a great time and we'd love to go again. Now that we have gone we know more about it and what we need to do. I didn't expect this to be as long as it is but thanks for reading! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer it if I can..

Tamara

The food wasn't so bad. There was always a selection of something. When I first read the menu for Bacchus I almost didn't want to eat there. Since I had no choice as everyone else wanted lobster I went down and figured I'd find something. I ordered a salad which was good. However the main dishes didn't appeal to me at first then I had to read the smaller print of what each meal actually was. And there was always something that I liked. Didn't have to eat seafood! As for the buffet area there were always choices. Breakfast was very good as there was a lot to choose from. And you can have pizza 24 hours a day. They also had hot dogs and hamburgers outside.

Tamara

Thanks for your review, Tamara. Too bad you missed Costa Maya. You seemed to have taken it in stride and still enjoyed your cruise. Glad to hear your kids enjoyed Camp Carnival. Maybe I can get my 10 yr old nephew to give it a try on Sea Days.

Cindij - We're going on Miracle July 9th! I started a roll call, but no takers yet. So I guess it's just you and your family and ours! Here is the link to the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=259994

Can't wait to go on this ship/cruise!

Archived