Escape Baconies that are covered?

msmayor

My husband and I are contemplating a cruise on the Escape in Oct '18...a 'parent-moon' to relax and recharge after our daughter's wedding. We've never cruised NCL before (and honestly never thought we would...we're fans of RCL and HAL) but this is the one ship that is leaving on the perfect date in the perfect place to make this work. The itinerary means nothing...its going to FL and Nassau and we probably won't even get off the ship. We just want to relax.

When I started poking around the deck plans and booking engine I first looked at the Large Balcony mini-suite...but those balconies seem virtually 100% out in the open. We prefer a balcony that is fully/mostly covered, and I'll be happy with a smaller one as long as it has overhang to protect from sun (and somewhat from drizzles).

Where should I be looking to book? Are any of the angled balconies covered well?

Thanks to all you NCL veterans for your help.

Most balconies (other than the "large balconies" are covered. But like most modern cruise ships, they are big enough for a couple of chairs and a small table. Not lounger size.

Also, the minisuite room is the same size as the balcony. The difference is a bigger bathroom.

We've sailed on the Escape twice and she is a wonderful ship. you'll have a great time.

When I started poking around the deck plans and booking engine I first looked at the Large Balcony mini-suite...but those balconies seem virtually 100% out in the open. We prefer a balcony that is fully/mostly covered, and I'll be happy with a smaller one as long as it has overhang to protect from sun (and somewhat from drizzles).

All of the balconies are covered. The larger balconies just have more that is exposed. For ex., the mini-suites with large balcony are about 1/4 covered and 3/4 exposed. If it rains, you can sit in the covered section.

IMG_1271_zpszzr0mc9s.jpg

Certain balconies have more coverage than balcony. Most of the balconies on 15 have an overhang from above.

IMG_1363_zpsky5ffzt5.jpg

We are booked in a B6, cabin 9720. We are hoping it is not covered. Is there a way to tell if is covered or not?

In the first picture that I posted, the guy in the white robe towards the right is on a B6/deck 9 balcony. It is partially covered/partially exposed.

In the first picture that I posted, the guy in the white robe towards the right is on a B6/deck 9 balcony. It is partially covered/partially exposed.

Thank you for your feedback. I really had to look for the guy in the white robe, but found him after zooming in!

In the second photo which is 15?

In the second photo which is 15?
The wide deck with the glass windows is deck 16 (Garden Cafe). Directly below that is deck 15. As you can see, deck 15 balconies at the aft through mid section will have an overhang that will block the sun for most of the day.