Venice- San Giorgio, Murano Island, and Gondola

tromvest

I did a tour through Celebrity Cruises a couple of years ago that included San Giorgio,Murano Island, and a Gondola ride. I will be going back to Venice, and wanted to book a tour that included these 3 sites/activities. I would like to book this independently and not through the cruise line. Can anyone tell me of a tour company that operates this tour?

I did a tour through Celebrity Cruises a couple of years ago that included San Giorgio,Murano Island, and a Gondola ride. I will be going back to Venice, and wanted to book a tour that included these 3 sites/activities. I would like to book this independently and not through the cruise line. Can anyone tell me of a tour company that operates this tour?

https://www.localvenicetours.com/venice-islands-murano-and-burano?_$ja=tsid:%7Ccid:128789749%7Cagid:6068632669%7Ctid:kwd-21015526489%7Ccrid:192367975613%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:5140144881459369328%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1t2&utm_content=__iv_p_1_a_128789749_g_6068632669_w_kwd-21015526489_h_9012279_ii__d_m_v__n_g_c_192367975613_k_%2Bmurano%20%2Btours_m_b_l__t__e__r_1t2_vi__&gclid=CNmktKXwk9QCFdgegQodf9cESA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wondering if you considered just doing it on your own. It is really not difficult as you can use vaporettos to all the places on your list. So a 24 hour Vaporetto Pass will let you go to Murano, San Giorgio and just about anywhere else you desire...without breaking the bank. As to Gondolas, you simply walk up to any Gondolier (they have docking locations scattered around Venice) and negotiate a price. You can expect to pay about 90 Euros (give or take a little depending on your negotiating skill and supply/demand) for a 40 min ride. But you will have that gondola all to yourselves. Before taking a gondola I like to stop and buy a nice bottle of Italian wine. I then have the shop pull the cork and give (or sell) me a couple of plastic wine cups. While gliding through the canals in our gondola, DW and I just lay back....sip wine....and enjoy.

Hank

Just wondering if you considered just doing it on your own. It is really not difficult as you can use vaporettos to all the places on your list. So a 24 hour Vaporetto Pass will let you go to Murano, San Giorgio and just about anywhere else you desire...without breaking the bank. As to Gondolas, you simply walk up to any Gondolier (they have docking locations scattered around Venice) and negotiate a price. You can expect to pay about 90 Euros (give or take a little depending on your negotiating skill and supply/demand) for a 40 min ride. But you will have that gondola all to yourselves. Before taking a gondola I like to stop and buy a nice bottle of Italian wine. I then have the shop pull the cork and give (or sell) me a couple of plastic wine cups. While gliding through the canals in our gondola, DW and I just lay back....sip wine....and enjoy.

Hank

Thank you for your idea. I'm still looking for this tour but will keep this option in mind.

Thank you for your idea. I'm still looking for this tour but will keep this option in mind.

You could try contacting one of the local tour operators running the current tours. Often they will customize itineraries. It's very easy, on these boards, to find a few others to join in to save costs, if you like. I've done it numerous times, and can tell you, it's easy as pie. It's also the best way IMHO to tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You could try contacting one of the local tour operators running the current tours. Often they will customize itineraries. It's very easy, on these boards, to find a few others to join in to save costs, if you like. I've done it numerous times, and can tell you, it's easy as pie. It's also the best way IMHO to tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, I will look into that.