Which deck?

NeedPeace

Please could someone tell me which deck it is preferable to be on on Queen Elizabeth? I am looking to book a balcony cabin towards the aft.

Would deck 8 be noisy because of the pool directly above on deck 9? Would i be better looking at higher or lower deck numbers?

This is our first cruise - I had no idea there were so many things to consider!

I would choose deck 7. My stateroom on deck 7 was very quiet but I had a lot of noise from the pool deck above me getting cleaned (and it was January and nobody was using the pool) in my deck 8 stateroom.

Do try and avoid deck 8, but deck 7 is an excellent location. We have sometimes booked cabins on deck 4 as the balconies are larger,and as you want to be aft, you will have a glass fronted balcony. In this location you would be better on starboard side above the restaurant seating area, and will have cabins above. I hope you enjoy this lovely ship.

Thank you LadyL1, this is interesting news about the balcony size, especially as we are likely to spend a lot of time there!

I've had a look at the deck plan, unfortunately the cabin on offer is on the port side, above one of those ominous looking, white expanses of nothing. As it's right next to the restaurant seating, I'm guessing it's a kitchen area. Will that be all noisy extractor fans and rattling pots and pans do you think?

We've just completed our first cruise on QE- we had cabin 7148, last one aft before the suites on the stern. We loved it. Deck 7 so cabins above and below. The only annoying thing was we had inside cabins opposite so they kept leaving their door to slam when they went in and out, next time will pick a cabin with no cabins opposite. Having said that, mostly lovely and quiet, didn't see many people in the corridors and very quiet at night.

It was two decks up to the buffet so easy to walk up and down, and used the lifts for deck 2 MDR.

Thank you LadyL1, this is interesting news about the balcony size, especially as we are likely to spend a lot of time there!

I've had a look at the deck plan, unfortunately the cabin on offer is on the port side, above one of those ominous looking, white expanses of nothing. As it's right next to the restaurant seating, I'm guessing it's a kitchen area. Will that be all noisy extractor fans and rattling pots and pans do you think?

I think I agree with you! Is it possible to ask if there is a cabin on the starbiard side? Or you could do a mock booking on the Cunard website to find availability. Always best to steer clear of white spaces:confused:.

We've just completed our first cruise on QE- we had cabin 7148, last one aft before the suites on the stern. We loved it. Deck 7 so cabins above and below. The only annoying thing was we had inside cabins opposite so they kept leaving their door to slam when they went in and out, next time will pick a cabin with no cabins opposite. Having said that, mostly lovely and quiet, didn't see many people in the corridors and very quiet at night.

It was two decks up to the buffet so easy to walk up and down, and used the lifts for deck 2 MDR.

Thank you Vera123. This is a point worth bearing in mind. I hope I can assume that these particularly thoughtless people probably won't be back and become neighbours of mine as well! There may be others with the same attitude though I imagine - cabins opposite are steering clear of too.