Gift cards, can they be used at the kiosks?

cuppettmd

If looking to avoid the long lines at GS during embarkation day and unsure if the kiosk will be "behaving", but not wanting to miss out on having cash or gift card based funds in your account upon boarding consider getting a small amount in cruise cash. (Sometimes it takes the kiosk 1-3 hours to be updated to the new passenger manifest of folio numbers.) Just order enough, $25-50, to cover any purchases you know you will make until after dinner time, when the line seems to be a more manageable level and the ship's IT has the turnover glitch out of the system on the kiosks.

Remember even if you have Cheers or Bubbles, state sales tax is charged on all beverage orders until clear of local waters, so you will need a little bit on your S&S account to cover those. You can now use the gift cards to purchase the cruise cash, and wait until the last 24 hours before boarding to do so, but just keep in mind cruise cash is still non-refundable, so don't get too much.

I have not had very good luck using the kiosks to apply my cards. I always have my account set up to go to my credit card so I am not in a rush to get the cards applied on the first day. Either late in the day or the next day I try to apply them using the kiosks. The option is always there but sometimes (usually for me) it doesn't work. I then go to GS when there isn't a line and have them apply the ones that I wasn't able to. I do use the kiosks to check balances, etc.

In long beach at the Suite check in, I asked them to load my 500 GC so I didn't have to wait at GS. The gal had never done it but asked a few questions and got it done for me. Hopefully they know how do to it at all ports now as this was last December.

Kiosk did not work at all, wouldn't even read the card.