Adventure vs. Anthem

Researching for our next next cruise- thinking about a May 2018 booking. We are a family of 4- kids will be 2 and 4. Trying to decide between Adventure or Anthem (both will be out of NJ).

The last time we were on Adventure was for our honeymoon 7 years ago. What has changed on the ship? I've been searching but can't find much on here about Adventure.

Anthem is a bit like marmite, you love her or hate her.

As you will have sailed AN twice by May 2018, it might be worth giving AD a shot.

Adventure has been given a large refurb, with some new staterooms, restaurants, waterslides and improved technology. I think she may be getting another quick dry dock before she begins in NJ.

Anthem's extra features won't mean much with 2 and 4 year olds, IMO, except maybe a better pool.

Adventure's second dry dock (they didn't finish the refurb last year) will take place in early February, 2018.

She also had a short one in April 2014, so should be in ship shape by the time she gets into NJ! :D

Adventure should also keep those who miss Explorer in Bayonne satisfied!

Anthem is a bit like marmite, you love her or hate her.

As you will have sailed AN twice by May 2018, it might be worth giving AD a shot.

Adventure has been given a large refurb, with some new staterooms, restaurants, waterslides and improved technology. I think she may be getting another quick dry dock before she begins in NJ.

Anthem's extra features won't mean much with 2 and 4 year olds, IMO, except maybe a better pool.

Thanks for this- we love Anthem, but it would be a third time on her.

Wasn't sure if Adventure had some of the same things our DDs love. Character appearances, good shows not all late at night, pools that aren't crowded, comfortable chairs poolside, good options at buffet for when we dont want MDR.

Thanks for this- we love Anthem, but it would be a third time on her.

Wasn't sure if Adventure had some of the same things our DDs love. Character appearances, good shows not all late at night, pools that aren't crowded, comfortable chairs poolside, good options at buffet for when we dont want MDR.

No characters on AD (as of yet, may change in refurb)

I don't think you can depend on the scheduling of the shows ship to ship. That can depend on the acts, the size of ship, or the Cruise Director.

I think the pools would be OK on AD, but likely better on AN. Good thing on AD is that most older kids would gravitate to the slides.

Options at buffet - IMO, Anthem's Windjammer didn't really impress me that much. Never sailed Adventure, but had a much better Windjammer experience on her sister, Explorer, who we also sailed from NJ on.

Adventure now has the FlowRider, a kids' waterpark and some awesome water slides I can't wait to try. A big screen has been added to the pool area since I last sailed on her. Of course, she has the ice ring, Royal Promenade, Ben & Jerry's and Johnny Rockets.

Researching for our next next cruise- thinking about a May 2018 booking. We are a family of 4- kids will be 2 and 4. Trying to decide between Adventure or Anthem (both will be out of NJ).

The last time we were on Adventure was for our honeymoon 7 years ago. What has changed on the ship? I've been searching but can't find much on here about Adventure.

If you want covered pool areas, and other indoor recreation, Anthem would be your choice.