Vegetarians on the FOS

We have a couple of vegetarians in our party. I know that there will be several vegetarian options on the menu, but is there anything else we should know? I read something about an Indian menu on a different ship. Thanks.

There is a vegetarian main course option each night, you can always order any extra veggie appetizers/soup/salad as entrees, plus some of the always available options are veggie, kids menu options (pasta & cheese pizza at least), and there are off-menu options you can ask about (like Indian food, steamed veggies, sides like rice or potatoes that are for other entrees, pasta, etc). However, if someone needed vegan (no dairy), I suggest they make arrangements pre-cruise, as that can be more difficult to order on-menu with, although the cruise line will be very accommodating and take at least your dinner order the night before.

I tend towards vegetarian and have always had enough options on the cruise. However, I'm also picky, so sometimes I wish there were more options (especially if I'm paying for a specialty restaurant and don't like the one veggie option they may offer).

Also, I tend not to get enough protein as often I don't like the veggie main course option (I don't like a lot of veggie staples like onions, peppers, and eggplant) and will just get pasta, or even just mixed veggies as the app & dessert on top of a full entree is a lot. It would probably be easier if I ate breakfast eggs, or they had greek yogurt (which I usually rely on a lot). A cheese plate is a dessert option so that can help in the protein department too (but alas I'm weird and don't like fancy cheese, just cheddar and mozzarella and the like).