10506 on the Dawn

flyingpirate

Hi Kids -

We loved our first cruise on PoAm so much we booked an 11 day Western Caribbean on March 26 on the Dawn in AA 10506.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I see lots of reference to 9506, but nothing for 10506. It must be a popular suite, because it's completely booked through, whereas 9506 is available for all the sailings.

So, if you have any info, I'd love to hear.

Mahalo,

LAurel

flyingpirate,

Stayed in 10506 in September 2005 and will be back in it on 12/1/05. The room is the best. Much bigger than 9506.

I agree, 9506 is one of the last to sell out on any cruise. I could have had 9506 on both cruises, but opted for the larger cabin. You won't be disappointed. Some people complain that the bridge is right above it and yes it is. You get to see that Captain at work.

We will be posting "Live from the Dawn" again from 10506 on this cruise.

We should start an 10506 club:)

5 days and counting.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

We were in the "mirror image" of 10506 on the September 11th cruise...10500. Great room, Great ship, Great time!

There are some pictures of the suite and balcony on my webshots album: http://community.webshots.com/user/txlnghrnz Also, quite a few images from the Western Caribbean itenerary that we did aboard the Dream!

Both cruises are on our "family cruise" site: www.ontheseas.com We do this site while we're on the cruise for the unlucky family & friends at home...to show them what they're missing. The information doesn't really "flow" as well 2 months after the fact (or a year after the fact, as in the Dream cruise)...but there is some good info (especially about excursions and what to do in the port cities). Let me know if you have any questions...

Hi Monty -

From the deck plan and the pictures I've seen of the corresponding cabins on the Star and Jewel, it looks like a fabulous suite. And if you're going back, it must be worth it.

I wonder why 9506 and 9006 are last to go - they seem to be involved in upgrades/upsells a lot.

I wonder why folks would complain about the bridge, I find that a feature! I hope it doesn't bother the bridge crew too much if we watch them all the

time :D.

I hereby proclaim the Dawn 10506 Club to be existent! And by popular acclaim of the current two founding members, you, by virtue of your soon to be two stays are elected Emperor President For Life Monty Baitman19 the First ::huzzah huzzah:: (Crown & Sceptre will ship separately.)

I'm looking forward to your live postings... will you please take lots of pictures of the rooms, balcony, etc. Don't need to see the ship. Info on the staff and food would be nice, too.

You're going to have so much fun! I wish we were going now, but then, we'd have to fight over the cabin :p What's your itinerary? We're doing Western.

Best,

Laurel

We feel lonely!!!!

Hasn't anyone else sailed in cabin 10506 lately???

It's one of the best Owner's Suites on the Dawn:)

Please let us know. We sail in 5 days again.

Monty

We were in 10006....you will LOVE it:)

Bring your "megaphone"...you can't even hear one another from room to room!

Much larger than the 9th floor.

You won't want to leave your suite:D

Have a wonderful cruise...enjoy EVERY moment.

Can't wait for your review;)

Laurel,

This is a our 2nd upsell to this cabin. We had an AC booked for September and I contacted them and got an upsell. This time I had an AF mini booked and they contacted me about an AC upsell 3 days after I booked my cabin and they offered me a great price for the AA.

My wife is going to post pics to Webshots soon. My favorite is breakfast on the side balcony.

3 days and counting,

Monty

Gee, am I the only person who plunks down full price for penthouses and owners suites?

Should I book an AC and then go for an upsell? Even if it means I might get 9506 instead, like that would be so horrible, hee hee.

Looking forward to your pix. Travel easy.

Laurel

Archived