Booked First Cruise - Epic 2/10

alexsma

Hi everyone, after a canceled Dawn sailing out of NOLA April 2016 due to health issues we've booked our first ever cruise next February on Epic out of PC.

This cruise will be a 10th Anniversary trip for my husband and myself. It's just going to be the two of us!! We booked a balcony cabin, as much as I wanted to do a Haven Suite I couldn't justify the cost. We picked up the beverage and dining plans as our promo.

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm going to spend the next several months planning and asking lots of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on the Epic the week before you! Have heard mixed reviews, mostly cons about the bathroom arrangement. I'm pretty certain it won't be an issue for my husband and I. Just looking forward to getting out of the cold east coast weather in February!

We will be on the Epic the week before you! Have heard mixed reviews, mostly cons about the bathroom arrangement. I'm pretty certain it won't be an issue for my husband and I. Just looking forward to getting out of the cold east coast weather in February!

We thought the bathroom set up was just fine.

Had no issues at all. :cool:

Yeah, I saw those reviews as well. I am not anticipating issues with hubby and myself regarding the setup. Actually with the sink outside of the shower that will work better for getting ready as he steams up the bathroom typically.

I'm going on my first cruise in a few weeks on the Epic... super excited and these boards have been a fabulous way of finding out loads of useful (and some useless lol) information! :D

We enjoyed our time on the Epic. Heard a lot of people complaining, but we found nothing wrong with the ship. Guess it's what you make of it.

Fire away with any questions... :cool:

Gotta agree. Only been on one cruise, which was on the Epic, and it was a blast. I don't understand what a lot of people gripe about. You're on vacation. Enjoy it!

Have been on the Epic twice and going back on in July. Quite a great ship. My biggest complaint of the Epic is for being on a ship you don't see the water much unless you make an effort to see it.

This cruise will be a 10th Anniversary trip for my husband and myself. It's just going to be the two of us!!

Congratulations! An anniversary is the holiday you earn; Christmas and Thanksgiving come every year no matter what you do, but an anniversary only happens if you've earned it!

You guys will have a blast. There's a lot to do on the Epic, and the shows are really good (at least they were when we were on board!)

Congratulations! An anniversary is the holiday you earn; Christmas and Thanksgiving come every year no matter what you do, but an anniversary only happens if you've earned it!

You guys will have a blast. There's a lot to do on the Epic, and the shows are really good (at least they were when we were on board!)

Thank you!! It's been so long since we've gotten away just the two of us. Having both a 19 year old (previous marriage) and a 5 year old we are always busy.

Thank you everyone who's posted!! It's going to be a long 250 some days until we sail. I'm passing time listening to some podcasts and checking out a few YouTube channels.

Any things to think of Epic specific that we should know?

We love the Epic and have sailed on her 6 times. She went through a massive dry dock in October 2015 and the ship is in great shape!

Hi BirdTravels

Wondered if you could help me. On my eDoc for the upcoming cruise on the Epic it said the check in time is 12pm in Barcelona, we are aiming to get there by 11am as we have to check out of our hotel by 10.30am and I have an elderly mum with me. Would they let us board early? Thanks

Hi BirdTravels

Wondered if you could help me. On my eDoc for the upcoming cruise on the Epic it said the check in time is 12pm in Barcelona, we are aiming to get there by 11am as we have to check out of our hotel by 10.30am and I have an elderly mum with me. Would they let us board early? Thanks

No problem.

We normally try to leave the hotel around 10. Beat the crowds. The printed times are just recommendations right now. Boarding starts around 11:30. The buffet will be open for lunch. Taste MDR opens st moon.

My first cruise was on the Epic also. We sailed on her again a couple of years later. You absolutely do not need to be in the Haven to have a great time. You will enjoy your balcony very much.

Do not worry about negative reviews, just have a great time!

;)

No problem.

We normally try to leave the hotel around 10. Beat the crowds. The printed times are just recommendations right now. Boarding starts around 11:30. The buffet will be open for lunch. Taste MDR opens st moon.

Great thank you.;)

My first cruise was on the Epic also. We sailed on her again a couple of years later. You absolutely do not need to be in the Haven to have a great time. You will enjoy your balcony very much.

Do not worry about negative reviews, just have a great time!

Thank you! I'm trying to not overthink it. Just a bit anxious with such a big ship.