Cunard and Holland America

Jhanna

Seeking advice. Does Cunard recognise Holland America Mariner status? We are 4 star Holland America, thinking of booking a transatlantic cruise next year on Queen Mary.

Sadly, no. The only reciprocity I know of within the Carnival group is HAL's recognition of other lines as a 1-star mariner.

I feel your pain. I was Platinum on Cunard when I was only a 1-star and could have used reciprocal benefits for quite a few years.

The good news is that the Cunard onboard experience does not vary a lot by World Club level. No such thing as priority tendering for high level members. The main things you will miss are priority embarkation and disembarkation.

You will miss some financial incentives like a few hours of free wifi.

Have a great first Cunard cruise.

Sadly, no. The only reciprocity I know of within the Carnival group is HAL's recognition of other lines as a 1-star mariner.

I feel your pain. I was Platinum on Cunard when I was only a 1-star and could have used reciprocal benefits for quite a few years.

The good news is that the Cunard onboard experience does not vary a lot by World Club level. No such thing as priority tendering for high level members. The main things you will miss are priority embarkation and disembarkation.

You will miss some financial incentives like a few hours of free wifi.

Have a great first Cunard cruise.

Thank you for the fast reply. I had a sad feeling this would be the case. But will still book the transatlantic. Will allow us to get home to Perth, Western Australia in a more relaxed way than flying home from New York (about 30 hours+). Qantas is introducing direct flights from London to Perth (and vice-versa) next March. Will get to do the transatlantic, which we want to do, spend a few days in London and have a shorter flight home. Bonus in every way, even without the 4 star Mariner benefits.