Any experience transferring cruise reservation to family member?

BCJO

I reserved two cabins in our names, not being sure which sibling would join us. Now, I'm hoping it's possible to transfer one to my brother. Has anyone been successful doing this? I'll call Captains Club eventually, but hoped for helpful advice from CC members. Thank you.

My understanding is that the policy is one of the original names on the reservation for each stateroom must remain the same. So say for example you have two staterooms booked, both with you (Person A) and your significant other (Person B) on them. In order to add your brother (Person C) and their significant other (Person D) you would have to keep Person A in one room on paper (and put Person C in with them), and keep Person B in the other room (and put person D in with them). Then once on-board you could go to guest relations and adjust room keys so that Person A & B are together in one room and Person C & D together in the other room. Hope this makes sense. Perhaps Captain's Club can override this policy and just put everybody in the correct room in advance, but you may need to resort to this in order to lock in the pricing/perks obtained at the time you made the bookings.

Our experience...

We couldn't transfer the in laws cabin to us even tho they'd paid in full for it and had been told by a doctor (Officially with the correct paperwork filled out) that they couldn't travel. Celebrity told us over the phone that it shouldn't be a problem the day we left for the cruise.. They told us at the dock that they couldn't make the change there, but the service desk could. Service told us they couldn't/wouldn't do it and literally rolled their eyes at us for even asking.

Hope your experience is different than ours was.

As has been stated you need to keep one original name on each reservation. Add / Change the other two. Once on board get extra keys made then two people will have two keys. One (the original with wrong room) to get on / off ship as well as charge and one (reprint) to open their room. Bring a lanyard and put both on. We did this with our kids for years with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app