Need advice: Bermuda vs Caribbean/Breakaway vs Escape

QueenOfZoom

Quick background: because of CAS certificates we've been on Getaway, Epic, and Escape in the last year...two western Caribbean and one eastern.

We now have another certificate. With kids, dogs, etc we're looking at going in July. I prefer at-sea days to ports, the spouse liked eastern ports over western and Escape is available. Another option that comes up is Breakaway to Bermuda. I've done quite a few cruises but know nothing about Bermuda. What's the weather like that time of year, what are top things people do on shore? Are there any big plusses to Breakaway vs Escape?

Bottom line: between these two which would you choose and why?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by QueenOfZoom

Will be sailing on the Breakaway in Oct. & from all I have read about these two ships, they are very similar.

I have been to Nassau, Grand Turk & Puerto Rico multiple times & also to St. Thomas and St. Marten. Bermuda has a completely different vibe from any of those. We visited Bermuda for the first time this past Oct. & loved it. We felt completely safe exploring on our own one day. The people are very friendly, islands are clean and easy to get around, beaches are beautiful, whole area is very picturesque. No contest, I would choose Bermuda over any Caribbean island itinerary.

Also, since you said you like sea days, on the three days I think the ship docks in Bermuda, you can always just stay on the ship one of those days ;)

I also suggest Bermuda, especially since you've never been there. Safest, cleanest, gorgeous beaches, very friendly people, and the ship is a "relative" to the Getaway, so you'll have no problem starting your vacation as soon as you board, as you already will basically know the layout of the ship.

In addition, leaving out of NY (if you haven't done so already) is breathtaking.

The first time I went to Bermuda, I went the end of July, and it was gorgeous. It did rain quite a bit during our sea days, but that doesn't mean it will repeat itself. It was hot, but hardly any humidity IMO. You'll enjoy it!!