Salmon Fishing Charter... Juneau-vs-Skagway???

bpphoto

Ahoy All,

I was looking into booking a fishing charter and was looking to get some real life experience from someone that has fished in these ports... What are your thoughts? Any suggestions on what to look for? Any recommendation on a good charter service? Any help Please!

Oh and we are a family of 4 adults sailing on Explore of the Seas - Aug 4th - 11th 2017

Thanks!

I wanted to fish for Salmon on our cruise in 2015, and after a lot of research, decided on Ketchikan. Did very well! Everyone in our group of six caught several. This year I've got a Halibut trip reserved out of Icy Strait Point. From my research, while I am sure you can find a fishing trip in both of them, neither Juneau nor Skagway are really considered "fishing towns".

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help but have same interest. We are going on Crystal Serenity out of Vancouver on Aug 8. After all of the choices we have decided to fish in Skagway (will be there 8/12) for half day. We are going to go with a private guide, not a cruise line excursion.

Skagway seems to have good reviews and don't have to spend a lot of time motoring to the fishing grounds. I would love to hear from others with their experiences.