Soda/Pop Package Question

goldie099

New to NCL here! On previous cruises (RCI and Princess), with the soda package, you paid the listed price for each person in the stateroom for each day of the cruise, and that was it. I just want to confirm that there are NO service charges etc. if I purchase the soda package for my upcoming NCL cruise (ie it will be $7.50/person/day total). On other cruises, I would get the soda in the MDR, or lido buffet/lido bar and the process was just to show the card, and get the drink. I know the UBP has an 18% service charge added on, and I just want to make sure the soda package doesn't have any other possible charges.

Like the other packages there's an 18% gratuity/service charge, but you pay it when you purchase the soda package. Nothing is added on each transaction. You just show your card, tell them what you'd like to drink, and you get it.

I just ordered it through the customer service phone number and they did not charge me a 18% surcharge.

I had to call them because it did not come up to order via the web.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I just ordered it through the customer service phone number and they did not charge me a 18% surcharge.

I had to call them because it did not come up to order via the web.

I think that's definitely the exception. If you order it through your MyNCL account, it adds in the 18%. I'm thinking whomever helped you probably made a mistake.

What was the price? They usually just tell you the total price of the package for the whole cruise, with no breakdown. But I'm guessing the 18% is in there somewhere…

Interesting info, thanks for clearing that up! I'm on a 10 day Baltic cruise, and the price is $7.50 USD/day, but since I am in Canada, the NCL website shows $105.66 (Canadian Dollars) per person, total, even when I go to check out.

Only one other thing-I don't know if this would happen on a Baltic cruise, but on some cruises I've been on, if you get a soda from the bar while in port, they charge sales tax (a tiny amount, but still...). It's weird, but I guess it's some kind of law.

Makes sense. In Canada we have tax on that kind of thing too, because it's not considered an essential item (ie something that isn't taxed).

Only one other thing-I don't know if this would happen on a Baltic cruise, but on some cruises I've been on, if you get a soda from the bar while in port, they charge sales tax (a tiny amount, but still...). It's weird, but I guess it's some kind of law.