Leaving on a Jet Plane.....actually, no, I'm not :(

You're right, yet another complication!!

If the cruise is Vancouver-to-Vancouver, they'll be OK boarding at a US port. If it's Seattle-Seattle, then another US port is not OK. Our 14-day cruise on Amsterdam has Victoria as the last (and only Canadian) port, so if we couldn't board in Seattle, we'd be totally out of luck. Or maybe we could fly to a US port and leave the ship early, in Victoria?

For today's stranded passengers, can HAL get some kind of emergency exemption, or will they just pay the fine?

The HAL family was trying to get to Vancouver. Before the first leg of the flight HAL already told them they would rerouted them to Juneau and they wait there for 2 days to board.

I'm fine; just losing a vacation day in Vancouver. But two groups in terminal are not going to make their sailings. We are in a small Virginia airport. If one flight is delayed or cancelled, there really are no options.

Glad you are losing not much like the others! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both Princess and Holland had booked their flights. Cruise lines have more faith in small regional airports than I do!

Perhaps both lines did not want to have to pay for a hotel for the people the night before (especially true if you book a package).