Seashells???

danams2017

I have cruised out of Galveston and NOLA.

Galveston was a nightmare, we almost missed our cruise because of the lack of taxis and ubers (from first taxi and uber contact it took two hours to get one, and we were accosted by other car-rental-returnees to climb into our uber like clowns in a VW.

NOLA was unique and amazing, exiting slowly through the Mississippi delta. And for the "duuuuude" from CA, the food in NOLA is good, some very good, and yes it's unique, but there is no excellent food to be found, similar to LA. Try Manhattan.

I've regularly frequented Manhattan restaurants over a life time - having grown up, been educated and having worked in NY. True- many excellent restaurants there. But we also need to remember that the NYC metro area includes almost 21 million people (hard not to have quite a few winning restaurants).

However, the last time I checked, there were six "3 star" Michelin restaurants in NYC. The San Francisco Bay Area also has six. But the population is only about 7 million. (And we really don't have "duuuuudes" here - That would be our neighbors to the far south).

As for "excellent" food in NOLA, try Brigtsen's. And then drive up to Charleston and dine at Husk.

At the bottom line, there are excellent restaurants in every corner of the US (just look at the geographic diversity in James Beard Foundation awards).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums