Meraviglia Dining Questions

Hami1966

Hello everyone

I have just downloaded the app which is great but has given me a couple of questions. Firstly our dining time is listed as Flexi late, what does this mean? Secondly the grill on deck 15 (I think it's called Atmosphere), is the food included or is it speciality dining. The husband loved being able to grab a burger when on carnival. Thanks folks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello everyone

I have just downloaded the app which is great but has given me a couple of questions. Firstly our dining time is listed as Flexi late, what does this mean? Secondly the grill on deck 15 (I think it's called Atmosphere), is the food included or is it speciality dining. The husband loved being able to grab a burger when on carnival. Thanks folks

Perhaps the following will help explain flexi-dining:

http://cdn.msccruises-platform.com/msc/press//media/press-materials/attachments/meraviglia-dining-factsheet_2.pdf

As it's a new concept and being introduced on Meraviglia for the first time, no-one knows yet how it will work out. There will be 2 time slots - ususally 6-8.30pm and 8.30-10pm or thereabouts. You've been assigned to the later slot and will be able to choose to dine at a time that suits within that timeframe. If this doesn't suit and you'd prefer the earlier time slot, you'll need to see the maitreD' on embarkation day to request a change.

There's nothing to indicate that there'll be extra charges at the Atmosphere bar grill. I think MSC has listened to its customers on this one as they've never had outdoor grills before this. I'm with your husband on that one as I, too, loved getting burgers at the grill on Carnival. Up 'til now, I've had to wait up to 30 minutes in the buffet on MSC for a basic burger as I don't eat the stuff on the prepared ones! Having the grill will do away with that. Funnily enough, the existence of the grill only became apparent from the app - to my knowledge, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere before.

Edited by Beamafar

Thank you Beamafar, I think it was more the late word rather than the flexi that concerned me. On Fantasia last December, late dining was very late. Think I might give MSC a call to check my options. Looking forward to seeing some reviews soon

Thank you Beamafar, I think it was more the late word rather than the flexi that concerned me. On Fantasia last December, late dining was very late. Think I might give MSC a call to check my options. Looking forward to seeing some reviews soon

I had just edited my post when you replied. Have a look.

We're on Meraviglia in 12 days time and am hoping to, if not exactly write a review, at least answer some questions people may have. Depending on internet access, I may post while onboard. As we're in the Yacht Club, I won't have any experience of the main dining rooms, however, so anything regarding the different dining options won't apply in our case.

That's what customers are demanding, more and more. A lot of people don't like the concept of set dining and having to share a table with a lot of strangers. Times have moved on and the cruise lines need to change too.

27th August from Genoa - flying out on the same day. That's a worry in itself after British Airways recent problems. Guess once I get a glass of G & T in my hand I won't care ha

That's the spirit! :p

There should be plenty of reviews and pics posted by the time you sail.

Beamafar, thanks for all the great info you supply on these threads. You certainly help many new to MSC.

We are Emerald on RCCL and Platinum on Carnival and I seem to have so many questions about MSC since we booked for are March trip. I don't know why, I feel like a rookie all over again. It brings the excitement back of our first cruises again.

I hope you post a great review with pics where you return as we are in the yacht club too. Thanks for everything.

Beamafar, thanks for all the great info you supply on these threads. You certainly help many new to MSC.

We are Emerald on RCCL and Platinum on Carnival and I seem to have so many questions about MSC since we booked for are March trip. I don't know why, I feel like a rookie all over again. It brings the excitement back of our first cruises again.

I hope you post a great review with pics where you return as we are in the yacht club too. Thanks for everything.

That's very kind of you to say, dpal. I've gotten more from this forum than I'll ever be able to give back, but it's nice to hear that I've helped at all!

I felt like a rookie, too, when we booked a Celebrity cruise, having only done mainly MSC cruises and so I read the X forum avidly trying to get a feel for what we could expect.

I think you'll love the Yacht Club - it is just an amazing experience! I'm not sure about a review, as such, as I don't write reviews - I wouldn't know where to start or how to structure one. Also, I don't use a photo hosting site so any pics will be from my phone which I can just about use. :rolleyes: However, I know that some will be anxious for info about Meraviglia so I will certainly do as much as I can to share my experiences here. I'm expecting there to be some great reviews written, though, by regulars here who are also on the early sailings.

I will definitely be writing a review of my entire trip so stayed tuned - we are flying into Barcelona 2 days before we sail and staying for the weekend after as it was far cheaper to fly back after the weekend!

Just spoken with MSC who were most helpful, now on flexi early which will suit us better. Thanks Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[

Hi can I ask what time early sitting is on mervigrilia? I've also been put on flexI late sitting and it's a hit late for me. Also what did they say about the flexibile aspect of the package.

Thank you

Hi can I ask what time early sitting is on mervigrilia? I've also been put on flexI late sitting and it's a bit late for me.

Meraviglia only set sail yesterday so you'll have to wait 'til someone posts that info - otherwise it's just guesswork.

Just spoken with MSC who were most helpful, now on flexi early which will suit us better. Thanks Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[

Hi can I ask what time early sitting is on mervigrilia? I've also been put on flexI late sitting and it's a hit late for me. Also what did they say about the flexibile aspect of the package.

Thank you

MSC said early was from 6.30 onwards and late from 8.30 onwards. Flexi gave a choice of time slots at 15 minute intervals. Hope this helps

Chris

We're on Meraviglia in 12 days time and am hoping to, if not exactly write a review, at least answer some questions people may have. Depending on internet access, I may post while onboard. As we're in the Yacht Club, I won't have any experience of the main dining rooms, however, so anything regarding the different dining options won't apply in our case.

Thank you! I am very much looking forward to your report, especially on YC!

Thank you! I am very much looking forward to your report, especially on YC!

Having seen the videos, I'm just blown away and can't wait! To think I'd considered cancelling this trip a while back as we couldn't get the flight times we wanted. I would be tearing my hair out right now. :eek: We're flying out the night before so we'll be well rested and down to the port early on the morning of embarkation. I don't care if we have to wait to board - I just want to be there to soak up the atmosphere. I haven't been this excited about a trip since ................... well, since .....ever! :')

Having seen the videos, I'm just blown away and can't wait! To think I'd considered cancelling this trip a while back as we couldn't get the flight times we wanted. I would be tearing my hair out right now. :eek: We're flying out the night before so we'll be well rested and down to the port early on the morning of embarkation. I don't care if we have to wait to board - I just want to be there to soak up the atmosphere. I haven't been this excited about a trip since ................... well, since .....ever! :')

I'm sharing your excitement for sure!

I'm so glad I kept this booking for many reasons!