Barcelona Touring Plan Assistance

We have 2 full days in Barcelona pre-cruise. One day, we are planning to go to la Sagrada Família and Parc Guell. I am trying to figure out timing for our skip the line tickets.

I am thinking we would do a morning visit to la Sagrada Familia around 9:30 to 10. We arrive in Barcelona the evening before and I am not sure if we would be up earlier or sleeping in later.

How much time should we allow for la Sagrada Familia including climbing the towers? What time should we book Parc Guell for?

I too am in the process of planning my two days in Barcelona. Looking forward to the suggestions you get.

I will be there early November. What time of year are you going? Curious if the timing of year makes a huge difference.

If you go before then any advice after your trip that would help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would recommend the early entrance time the earlier the better and less crowds, plan on roughly 2 hours for visiting including the tower. Now this time frame may be differ from everyone based on how you like to tour. Park Guell is an easy 35-40 minute walk from here or you can take the metro but know that you will have to transfer stations, I suggest walking if you are up to it, lots to take in on the walk too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Earlier the better for Sagrada Familia and don't shortchange yourself with time to explore. After your visit, assuming that it is not raining, eat lunch nearby or buy some picnic lunch items and take a taxi to Parc Guell where you can enjoy your picnic in the park area that does not require an entrance ticket . After that, you can take your timed ticket into the ticket section. If that is you plan, then I would suggest timing your Parc Guell ticket for 1pm.

Barcelona is a lovely city with so many things to do that it will be difficult to squeeze everything in 2 days. We have been there 3 times, the most recent in October 2015. In previous visits we have been to Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Casa Mila, La Bouqueria, Mont Juic, Bari Gothic, Las Ramblas, Catalan Concert Hall, etc.

Having seen much before, on this trip we walked the Bari Gothic after dropping our bags at the hotel (late am arrival). We followed the Rick Steves walking tour which is very interesting and easy. We had reserved a very good, unusual type tapas restaurant for that evening. The next day it rained but we walked the Ramblas, and then through the Born neighborhood checking out shops, cafes, etc. I bought 2 pair of espadrilles from a very famous store that makes them onsite to-order and very reasonably priced. We stopped in a wine shop recommended by our hotel so we could buy 2 bottles to bring onboard then we crossed into the waterfront area and had a seafood lunch overlooking the harbor. That evening we took an excellent walking tapas/wine tour that took us through for 4 different neighborhoods & restaurants/bars in 5 hours. This was a highlight of our visit.

We checked out of hour hotel the next morning , left our bags and took a taxi to the Picasso museum. We bought our tickets online for the morning of embarkation day which I recommend since the line is crazy long. We walked right in and spent about 90 minutes. We stopped for coffee and churro sat a nearby cafe and then a taxi to the hotel, got our bags and went to the harbor to embark around 1pm.

The next day it rained but we walked the Ramblas, and then through the Born neighborhood checking out shops, cafes, etc. I bought 2 pair of espadrilles from a very famous store that makes them onsite to-order and very reasonably priced.

Hello 2FLtravelers,

Do you remember the name or the location of the store in which you had your espadrilles made - ?? We are in Barcelona in August and I think this is something I would be interested in.

Thanks!

Hello 2FLtravelers,

Do you remember the name or the location of the store in which you had your espadrilles made - ?? We are in Barcelona in August and I think this is something I would be interested in.

Thanks!

I googled this...sounds like the place. I am definitely going to try to fit this into my time there.eba5955925802a1f18d7e1e0b793f31f.jpg

We have 2 full days in Barcelona pre-cruise. One day, we are planning to go to la Sagrada Família and Parc Guell. I am trying to figure out timing for our skip the line tickets.

I am thinking we would do a morning visit to la Sagrada Familia around 9:30 to 10. We arrive in Barcelona the evening before and I am not sure if we would be up earlier or sleeping in later.

How much time should we allow for la Sagrada Familia including climbing the towers? What time should we book Parc Guell for?

We have been to La Sagrada Familia twice, Oct. 2014 and Nov.2016. Both times we were there for approx.

11/2 hrs. In 2016 we did just the opposite of what you want to do. We had 10am tickets for Park Guell and 1pm tickets for the Basillica. 2016 was a port call visit and 2014 was a pre-cruise visit. Whatever you decide, I know you'll have wonderful time!

Barcelona is a lovely city with so many things to do that it will be difficult to squeeze everything in 2 days. We have been there 3 times, the most recent in October 2015. In previous visits we have been to Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Casa Mila, La Bouqueria, Mont Juic, Bari Gothic, Las Ramblas, Catalan Concert Hall, etc.

Having seen much before, on this trip we walked the Bari Gothic after dropping our bags at the hotel (late am arrival). We followed the Rick Steves walking tour which is very interesting and easy. We had reserved a very good, unusual type tapas restaurant for that evening. The next day it rained but we walked the Ramblas, and then through the Born neighborhood checking out shops, cafes, etc. I bought 2 pair of espadrilles from a very famous store that makes them onsite to-order and very reasonably priced. We stopped in a wine shop recommended by our hotel so we could buy 2 bottles to bring onboard then we crossed into the waterfront area and had a seafood lunch overlooking the harbor. That evening we took an excellent walking tapas/wine tour that took us through for 4 different neighborhoods & restaurants/bars in 5 hours. This was a highlight of our visit.

We checked out of hour hotel the next morning , left our bags and took a taxi to the Picasso museum. We bought our tickets online for the morning of embarkation day which I recommend since the line is crazy long. We walked right in and spent about 90 minutes. We stopped for coffee and churro sat a nearby cafe and then a taxi to the hotel, got our bags and went to the harbor to embark around 1pm.

2Fltravelers. Your tour plan is excellent and I hope people take your advice. We too arrived in Barcelona in the am and checked our bags at our hotel and toured the city on the Hoho bus. And later walked the Bari Gothic area. On embarkation day we had 10am tickets for La Sagrada Familia and the Passion Tower. After our tour we came back and checked out of our hotel and proceeded to the cruise terminal arriving around 1pm. We had a wonderful time in Barcelona.

I googled this...sounds like the place. I am definitely going to try to fit this into my time there.eba5955925802a1f18d7e1e0b793f31f.jpg

Just make sure you are there before 1:30 pm or after 4:30 pm as they close for lunch. We missed them the first time so I made sure to get there in the morning. They do get busy.

2Fltravelers, thanks for sharing your tour plan. It gives me some good ideas. Where did you book your tapas tour through? What store should I look at for espadrilles?

I booked the tapas tour online. Email me at michelle at michellekain dot com and I'll send it to you. The espadrilles shop is the one pictured in a post below. You can also find them online.

Hello 2FLtravelers,

Thanks!

See post 6. It's La Manual Alpargatera.