POA- Are Rental Car Shuttles Available at Every Port??

Luvmypups

We are going on POA in August and we've decided to rent a car at each port but I am having difficulty finding current info about rental car shuttles at each port, even with searching the threads. Does anyone know if shuttles are available in every port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are going on POA in August and we've decided to rent a car at each port but I am having difficulty finding current info about rental car shuttles at each port, even with searching the threads. Does anyone know if shuttles are available in every port?

The major car rentals all have shuttles that come and go all day: Thrifty, Hertz, Avis, etc. Enterprise will pick you up when you call. Discount Hawaii Car Rentals is recommended by a lot of cruisers on this Board.

Yes, there are continuous running shuttles from the airport locations of most major companies which meet passengers inside the port. The airport locations in Maui and Kauai are very close by the port, so there is no disadvantage. You are expected to already have a reservation when you board. We book through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals and you can indicate on the website that you need pier pick up. I'd be careful of booking with off airport locations unless you can confirm they can come inside the port to pick you up, or at least meet you at the port gate.

The only exception is in Kona. They do have shuttles which run to the airport location, but most advise to rent at the King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott which is a 5 min walk from the tender dock. I'd book early as they probably have a limited number of cars. You'll pay a bit more for the convenience of being next door,

Thanks so much for the info. I have booked my rentals through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals for Maui and Kauai, I just wasn't sure about Hilo and Kona. I appreciate the feedback!