Need advice for jeep tours

no1volman

I'll be in Cozumel in July with my wife, daughter, and her friend. We're looking into a guided jeep or dune buggy tour. Shore Excursioneer shows several different options to choose from and most of the itineraries look to be the same (or really close). As anyone taken any of these tours and would recommend a particular company to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We did the jeep tour through Royal Caribbean last year in Cozumel and the group who did the tour was amazing! I had expected the Jeeps to be bucket of rust type Jeeps but they were all really nice although I think my husband tore something up while driving. The tour guides really made us feel like family and the food served was excellent! We had so much fun that we are looking at the Jeep tour in Costa Maya in October on our next cruise.

We booked a guided dune buggy tour through the internet for Cozumel. We cabbed to the location and the collective group had approximately 10 dune buggies. We were a group of 6 and they put 3 of us per buggy. The dune buggies were in terrible condition with bald tires and squeaking brakes. They seemed very unsafe. They deviated from the scheduled stops and times that were advertised, took people out into the water to snorkel via slippery, sharp rocks. One person fell and got injured and the guide didn't seem too concerned. The coolers that had soft drinks and water had no ice in them. The last stop was lunch (raw chicken) to be prepared per small portable grill on the beach by the guide. He was handling raw chicken with bare hands and no way to wash his hands while preparing the food. I was also concerned about the chicken not being cooked properly. We told the guide that we would prefer to drive our Dune Buggy approximately a half mile down the road to a restaurant (willing to purchase some guacamole and chips ourselves). He got very angry and told us we had to stay with the group. Needless to say, we were not going to risk getting Salmonella!! We told him when the group was ready to return to town he could stop at the restaurant and we would rejoin the group and we left. I would definitely NOT recommend doing the Dune Buggy Tour! I apologize that I don't have the specific name of the company with me. The cost was approximately $80 per person NOT per buggy....a total ripoff! We have gone back to renting a jeep for the cost of $100 PER Jeep including the additional insurance. Cozumel is so small, you can drive around the entire island with stops in a couple hours!

We booked a guided dune buggy tour through the internet for Cozumel. We cabbed to the location and the collective group had approximately 10 dune buggies. We were a group of 6 and they put 3 of us per buggy. The dune buggies were in terrible condition with bald tires and squeaking brakes. They seemed very unsafe. They deviated from the scheduled stops and times that were advertised, took people out into the water to snorkel via slippery, sharp rocks. One person fell and got injured and the guide didn't seem too concerned. The coolers that had soft drinks and water had no ice in them. The last stop was lunch (raw chicken) to be prepared per small portable grill on the beach by the guide. He was handling raw chicken with bare hands and no way to wash his hands while preparing the food. I was also concerned about the chicken not being cooked properly. We told the guide that we would prefer to drive our Dune Buggy approximately a half mile down the road to a restaurant (willing to purchase some guacamole and chips ourselves). He got very angry and told us we had to stay with the group. Needless to say, we were not going to risk getting Salmonella!! We told him when the group was ready to return to town he could stop at the restaurant and we would rejoin the group and we left. I would definitely NOT recommend doing the Dune Buggy Tour! I apologize that I don't have the specific name of the company with me. The cost was approximately $80 per person NOT per buggy....a total ripoff! We have gone back to renting a jeep for the cost of $100 PER Jeep including the additional insurance. Cozumel is so small, you can drive around the entire island with stops in a couple hours!

. What is the name of the tour company running these buggies? And did the tour itself have a name?