Cave tubing--temp and exertion questions

DopeyRN1

The pictures of the cave tubing look amazing, but I am wondering how cold and deep is the water? Is this a strenuous activity? We are 4 middle aged adults. Lat time in Belize we did sting rays and sharks excursion and Cay Caulker. Enjoyed but long travel time. Thanks!

I read that some excursions you have to carry your tubes on a 25 minute walk. That would be strenuous. Thanks!

inner tubes arent heavy, carrying one for 25 minutes certainly isnt strenuous.

My 10 year old son and myself did the cave tubing on our last cruise. He was able to carry his tube and he is a little wimp! LOL The water is not very deep in most parts but it is a bit chilly. Once you get in it's not bad...you will enjoy it!

Thanks talafa! I'm a 58 year old wimp! I think we are going to book this excursion. Would love to include the zip lining but we have one who swears we will never do that to her again LOL. The rest of us loved zip lining.

Thanks talafa! I'm a 58 year old wimp! I think we are going to book this excursion. Would love to include the zip lining but we have one who swears we will never do that to her again LOL. The rest of us loved zip lining.

You're quite welcome! Honestly I wasn't impressed with the ziplines there...they were very short. Now the Extreme zipline and beach adventure in Roatan was much better. The last zipline takes you over the water and ends at the beach. Although they had to keep coming out to get my son...he wasn't heavy enough to get to the end of some of them! :) The truck ride to get to them was a bit rough but it was worth it!

As much as I would love to zipline again, the pure terror that my friend went through is not something I would want to witness again. But thanks for the suggestion! Always good to have more knowledge!