Hoping I made the right choice

After combing through tons of threads on the bidding for an upgrade topic....We decided to pull the trigger and just pay the difference in fare to upgrade from a mini suite to an H4 on the Breakaway. We stayed in an H4 on the old upsell system last year on the Breakaway and loved it. We did have a bid in between the good to excellent range, and with today's slight price drop for the Haven, coupled with the extras you get by booking the Haven not on a bid... we went ahead and pulled the offer and just paid the fare to upgrade. Once the price drop hit, rooms started to disappear from the H4 category and we figured we'd never win a bid. Now I wonder if I made the right choice. Hate spending more when I can save...but in the long run, I'm thrilled with the category, and I don't have to stalk my email to see if we won a bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did something similar on the Breakaway last week. We were booked in a Spa Balcony and were bidding on different classes of Havens rooms. But with the price difference, our bid was more than the cost of just "pulling the trigger" and booking a Spa Havens suite. And by doing so, we also got all of the Free at Sea perks for being a "real" Havens guest.

..... we went ahead and pulled the offer and just paid the fare to upgrade. Once the price drop hit, rooms started to disappear from the H4 category and we figured we'd never win a bid. Now I wonder if I made the right choice. Hate spending more when I can save...but in the long run, I'm thrilled with the category, and I don't have to stalk my email to see if we won a bid.

Sounds like you made a great decision. I see no reason to question it. You KNOW what you have. You will NEVER, EVER know what you might have had.

I've been watching the Haven prices on my BA cruise in a little over 2 weeks. They haven't budged and they haven't sold any either. I'm keeping my bids in. For the sailing a week prior the Haven prices are $1000.00 less. I think that would get me to pull the trigger and just book outright, although now they are making Haven guests pay the service charge on the promos, so I would have to factor that in.

I've been watching the Haven prices on my BA cruise in a little over 2 weeks. They haven't budged and they haven't sold any either. I'm keeping my bids in. For the sailing a week prior the Haven prices are $1000.00 less. I think that would get me to pull the trigger and just book outright, although now they are making Haven guests pay the service charge on the promos, so I would have to factor that in.

Yes the services charges are a whole additional factor. What do they cover, is there tipping you're not coming out of pocket for once you're on board? I paid them and I'm confused as to what they're for.

Yes the services charges are a whole additional factor. What do they cover, is there tipping you're not coming out of pocket for once you're on board? I paid them and I'm confused as to what they're for.

It's the service charges for the Beverage and Dining package that they give you as a promo. Two days ago they were including that for Haven guests. Now they are making them pay it like everyone else. I've already paid it on my mini-suite, but I could have used that $200+ towards an outright Haven upgrade before the change.