Miami ideas > things to do with kids & hotel recommendations

Kizzabel

Hello Miami experts!

I'm going to preface any questions by appealing for compassion! I've never been to the US, let alone Florida so I'm a total newbie and welcome any guidance and ask you to bare with me because it's all a big learning curve.

We are cruising out of Miami on MSC Seaside next summer and I'm looking for recommendations for areas to look at or any hotels/apartments you've found to be good. I'm finding the info to be hard to wade through online and would love some personal opinions.

I can't figure what area in Miami would be best for us. We will have 2 days pre cruise to explore and are 3 adults and 2 kids so ideally an area that has some shopping / choices for dining in fairly close proximity. We don't mind doing apartment style accommodation but ideally I think we'd opt for a good 4/5 star and book 2 rooms.

I'm also looking for ideas for fun things to do with the kids. They will be 12 and 9 and loves theme parks and sightseeing so any ideas for fun days out are very much appreciated. There's only so many shops I can drag them round!

And finally on that topic, what are the main shopping malls (best IYO) please?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

For hotels, I would look into Miami Beach or Brickell. Miami Beach stay north of 10th street or so and west of Washington Ave and south of 24th street or so. Miami Beach will provide you with lots of dinning and shopping at the steps of your hotel. The beach is right there too. Brickell is more a business area of the city, but it has grown into an entertainment dinning area too along with Downtown Miami which Brickell and Downtown are pretty much one of the same. Lots of restaurants, a brand new luxury mall are in Brickell. You also have Bayside Market Place near by (catch a tour boat on Biscayne Bay, some tours are tours kids love like on the pirate ship or the fast speed boat). There is the brand new science museum, which is great for all ages, I highly recommend it when you come.

As for malls, the two most well known malls would be Aventura Mall and a bit farther north about 45-60mins away is Sawgrass Mills mall, a giant outlet mall. There is also Dolphin Mall a smaller but still large outlet mall by the MIA airport. Miami Beach has tons of shops and an outdoor mall on Lincoln Road.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking we'll do an escape room or the science museum and just wander about soaking up the atmosphere with a mandatory stop for Cuban food in Little Havana.

We've had a look at a couple of hotels and I'm just awaiting the availability to open up more as we are a little early. Some very nice looking options 😊

I think we'll opt for Aventura Mall, plenty there to suit us all.

Thanks again for your help. No doubt I'll be back with further newbie questions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app