Jet Blue regarding JFK

mii

When we made our airline reservations for May 1, 2006 we were originally going to leave at 11:30 p.m. 5/1/06 from Sacramento fly to Dulles Airport and then down to FLL. Jet Blue has changed us to May 2, 2006 at 12:40 a.m. from Sacramento, connect in JFK and then FLL.

My question is how is JFK for a connector flight to FLL. It is an extrememely busy airport and I was curious how big is Jet Blue there; we have 40 minutes from our first connection to our 2nd.

Any info would be helpful. Also our fare has increased. We have already paid the cheaper. Will they add the additional cost. Thanks.

Marilyn

All non-international JetBlue flights arrive and depart the same terminal at JFK and it is not large. It may be crowded, but since there's only 17 gates it's a short walk to any of them. You should have no problem. And no, they should not hit you up for more $$ since *they* made the change.

Jet Blue is reportedly the largest(by number of flights) domestic airline at JFK. Very easy terminal. Great airline. It uses secondary airports in every city - and - for domestic flights - JFK is a secondary airpoort in NYC. Their operation at JFK is very smooth.

Jet Blue is reportedly the largest(by number of flights) domestic airline at JFK. Very easy terminal. Great airline. It uses secondary airports in every city - and - for domestic flights - JFK is a secondary airpoort in NYC. Their operation at JFK is very smooth.

To the orignal post, JetBlue's domestic operations are all located in Terminal 6 and you'll have no problem making the flight connection since it's a small terminal with all gates bunched together.

As for the comment of JFK being a secondary airport, I beg to differ. There are 3 main airports in NYC - LGA, JFK, and EWR. A secondary airport here would be something like Long Island Macartur in Islip or Westchester County Airport up in Westchester. JFK can hardly be considered a "secondary" airport with 9 terminals and being able to reach any city in the world from the airlines that serve JFK. Yes, NYers may prefer LGA and consider that the first choice due to convenience to Manhattan, JFK as based on number of passegners and flights actually ranks #1 in all NYC airports.

Let me clarify. Those of us who live in NY all know that JFK is one of the preeminent airports in the world. Having said that, it has generally not been the first choice over the years for domestic travel, other than to the west coast.

Jet Blue's pattern, as is true of the other discounters, is, where possible, to get gates at those airports serving a city that are not as desirable for domestic travel as those used by the non discounters. So, Jet Blue flies to FLL vs. MIA, Oakland, vs. San Francisco, etc. SWA uses Hobby in Houston and Islip in NY and so on. Ironically, with the success of the discounters, those airports have expanded dramatically.

All I was trying to indicate was that while JFK was never a second rate airport, it was never really the primary domestic airport in NY and that is why Jet Blue went there.

I love JFK and apologize if anyone thought I was demeaning it in any way.

Archived