Northbound Voyage of the Glaciers Trip Report - May 27th - June 3rd, 2017

jb008

http:@//bit.@ly/27MayPattersCoPrincess

Try the above: copy it into your web browser address bar get everything from the h in http to the 2nd s in Princess, delete the @ symbols out, and then hit enter/go/navigate to send your browser to the web address. It should take you to filedropper which is the file hosting site, there should be a gray download button part way down the screen to start the download. Sorry to be obtuse about this but the board strips some links

Thanks for posting the Patters. We are going Southbound but this gives us a great idea of what to expect.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank-you again for posting your menus. We're less than a month out, and it helps to build the excitement.

Happy to be of service. Did you download the Patters too? Those can be fun to use to preplan. I also think I included the port shopping maps, which also help give a layout of the ports as you plan activities. Safe travels!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks do you think you could repost the link somehow I am worried it expired but we really want to see before our cruise in a few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope, sorry. Do you have an email I can send them to? I downloaded them from this link earlier successfully and have them saved on my desktop as PDF's

Cabin & Ship:

Balcony room (Cat. BE) on Starboard side aft, deck 8 (Emerald), room E703. Theres a patch of fully covered balconies there that are the larger balcony like what you find on Caribe deck.

You mention their is a patch that are larger balcony's. What are the cabin ranges for those decks in that same side of that deck that are larger?

• 2 weeks later...
Kcellup@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for my delayed replies on this. I just checked the download link and it looks to still be active. Biggest thing is to make sure to delete the @ signs outs of the website address before you hit go/enter.

Larger rooms are Emerald, E624 to E737, and are category BE. They'll be lower down than Caribe (Deck 10), but have the same sized balcony as the BB & BA categories. The aft BE balconies on Emerald deck will also be fully covered, and some of the dividers will be full wall steel (can't be opened to the adjacent balcony). According to reviews, some of the further aft rooms in this block of cabins can get some noise from the lounge below (a subjective and variable thing), but the room we were in was very quiet. Also with the smaller ship size, walking the whole length of the ship wasn't a bad walk.

• 8 months later...

Hi Hi! I am hoping you'd consider sharing your Patters for Coral Princess - We are heading out in early June on the Vancouver to Whittier cruise. (my google-fu is failing me in trying to find any :( )

My email is @ hotmail.com

Please & Thank you,

Alex

For anyone interested in Totem Bight State Park on the cheap--the park is free and there are both live guides and written self guide material. When we were there, the guides were mostly retired people and wouldn't even accept a tip. The public transportation is easy. The instructions we got at the visitor center were to walk across the street, turn left and walk to the blue bus sign. If you get to the bridge, you went too far. Bus runs every 20 minutes and cost $1 per person.

The instructions worked fine although I can't say whether the price has increased. The only difference between what we did and the ship's excursion was that they got a cup of hot chocolate in the gift shop! This is a very easy "on your own" excursion...and we saw a bear walking along the road.

Potlatch Park is right next to Totem Bight...also free admission. They have an antique car museum and an antique firearms museum as well as demonstrations of totem carving.

I have heard that the buses have become more crowded in recent years and that it might be smart to use the stop before the one we used.

Hi Hi! I am hoping you'd consider sharing your Patters for Coral Princess - We are heading out in early June on the Vancouver to Whittier cruise. (my google-fu is failing me in trying to find any :( )

My email is @ hotmail.com

Please & Thank you,

Alex

Hi Alex,

It looks like the link is still active. Have you tried following the BitLy download instructions above where you delete the @ symbols out of the web address? The file is 23 mb, so it's a little big for many email clients.

• 8 months later...