When/where to book for cheapest deal? (Ventura taster cruise)

diamondoasis

I'm looking into a 3 night taster cruise on Ventura in November and I'm looking for the best deal I can get (especially as I have to pay the single supplement). Should I book now, or should I wait in case the price goes down? Are there any particular travel agents I should use to get a good deal?

Also, has anyone done one of these cruises before? I'm wondering what kind of entertainment and facilities I should expect compared to a full length cruise.

When to book is a difficult one, I was watching a taster cruise going out in July and it has just gone up. I think the best advice is if you see a price you are happy with then go for it. The two/three day cruises usually have Headliners with a show one night and then a guest act in the theatre with comedian and singers in the other venues. There will be one black tie night and the others will be evening casual. You might find there are a few hen and stag parties on board but maybe not so many in November. We really enjoy the taster cruises as they give a good idea of what a ship is like and also provide me with a cruising fix!

There are no right and wrong answers because you never know. If you aren't worried about taking a risk I personally would leave it as you can generally get good deals in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm looking into a 3 night taster cruise on Ventura in November and I'm looking for the best deal I can get (especially as I have to pay the single supplement). Should I book now, or should I wait in case the price goes down? Are there any particular travel agents I should use to get a good deal?

Also, has anyone done one of these cruises before? I'm wondering what kind of entertainment and facilities I should expect compared to a full length cruise.

As we are not allowed to recommend travel agents, I would suggest google cruise deals. You'll quickly find the main players especially if you regularly go back to check prices.

I have been on Ventura loads of times. To find a good deal, I usually wait till close to the cruise date if I can. Also, as a general rule after the holiday season is over. Knowing your prices is more important than timing so regular tracking and being quick to act is important.

One final hint. Register with major sites and you will get email and text alerts. This how I tend to find the best bargains.

Ventura is a great ship so if you can afford the time, a 7 day cruise might offer better VFM and also a better taster IMO.