Infinity Alaska Vancouver to Seward just back

kac911

I have the best intentions of writing a full review but in the mean time thought I'd make myself available to anyone with questions between now and then. We did the first one of the season, weather could not have been better (dare I say too warm for how we packed?). Then spent time in Alaska, Denali and Anchorage on our own. Very little I would have done differently. Did all our excursions on our own.

So if you have questions between now and my review (which let's face it, I have 400 loads of laundry so I may never get to it) send them my way. kac911 at hotmail.

In case you are wondering, just 2 of us traveling alone, no kids. First celebrity but have done 12 cruses over 5 lines the last 8ish years. First Alaska trip.

Interested on your activities in Denali.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We took the train from Seward to Anchorage, rented a car there and drove to Denali. Did some hiking on our own, plus visitor centers. And a nearly full day on the bus, did the cheaper one and our driver was very chatty (Wendy). It was great, and given what she said about the more expensive bus ride (which she also drives) this was the way to go. Early season bus only ran to Eileson so an 8 hour day, but really saw it all. Was going to do a ranger hike out there but a) loved Wendy and b) all of a sudden the rain was coming.

If I had more time or money the flightseeing of Denali sounded/looked great, as did river rafting. M

Stayed at a b n b in Healy. Ate at 49th State Nrewing Company which was fantastic. Ate there twice it was so good.

How was the Millennium? There aren't many reviews or comments about this ship that I've seen. I'm sailing on her September 1 which will be my second sailing with Celebrity (sail mainly Princess). I would be interested to hear what you thought or her and the staff.

How was the Millennium? There aren't many reviews or comments about this ship that I've seen. I'm sailing on her September 1 which will be my second sailing with Celebrity (sail mainly Princess). I would be interested to hear what you thought or her and the staff.

I would say she was average. The ship itself needs a little work, just the little things were not "shiny" but she was very easy to navigate and well laid out. Our dining staff was incredible, perhaps my best of 12 cruises. Bartending staff usually were great. Room attendant I barely saw but always friendly, I'd say average. Activities staff was so so, and quite frankly both my husband and I felt like they didn't offer a lot of activities. And despite my saying the ship was a little work, the cleaning folks you saw around the ship were so friendly and kind, I often ran into a cleaning person in the restrooms and they were spectacular. Rest of the crew was a B to B- but can't say we really ever had an issue but there also aren't a ton who stand out (other then our incredible dining team, every one of them).

We just departed the Millennium yesterday, Seward to Vancouver. Agree with above review, but since last cruise , 4 years ago, same ship, was disappointed in the food choices. Both Main Dining room and buffet were better last time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad you enjoyed our state.

Despite the fact that we live in Alaska we do Alaskan cruises periodically as the state is so large it gives us an excuse to visit a different part of our state. We will be B2B on the Millennium this summer (Seward to Vancouver to Seward). So I am curious -- who is the naturalist on the Millennium this summer?

We took the train from Seward to Anchorage, rented a car there and drove to Denali. Did some hiking on our own, plus visitor centers. And a nearly full day on the bus, did the cheaper one and our driver was very chatty (Wendy). It was great, and given what she said about the more expensive bus ride (which she also drives) this was the way to go. Early season bus only ran to Eileson so an 8 hour day, but really saw it all. Was going to do a ranger hike out there but a) loved Wendy and b) all of a sudden the rain was coming.

By your statement "the cheaper one" am I correct that you did a NPS shuttle into the park? Were you able to visit the Eielson Visitor's Center displays? And for those who are interested, Carl Ben Eielson was a pioneer aviator in Alaska.