About how far in advance of our sail date will we know which attire is for what night

My father in law has tasked me with choosing a specialty restaurant we can have dinner at during the sailing but would like to have it scheduled on one of the two formal nights?

We're not sailing till next May (7 night aboard the Allure) so obviously we've got time I'm just not sure how early I should expect to make the decision.

I'm not sure you will know before the cruise. Usually you don't know formal nights until you see the dress code for the evening in your newspaper the night before. You may be able to find out closer to the date from someone on that particular cruise if they post on CC.

It seems pretty standard that night 2 is the safest bet. That seems to be pretty standard on all 7 night cruises I have been on regardless of line.

Agree. Day 2 always a sea day on all our 7 night cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

looking at the itinerary I would bet it's on the day you leave San Juan at 2pm.

Why do you want to book the specialty restaurant during one of the formal nights?

Bill

Father in law wants a night that much of the ship will be dressed up and not to add another formal night to the itinerary.

Father in law wants a night that much of the ship will be dressed up and not to add another formal night to the itinerary.

We have done that trip. Based on our experience on it and subsequent cruises I don't think you will see "much of the ship" dressed in more than "smart casual".

If you only want to do one specialty dining booking in advance can make sense. However, if you want to do more than one (knowing those venues really are no different than the MDR related to dress) you might be able to save some money by purchasing on the ship.

We have done that trip. Based on our experience on it and subsequent cruises I don't think you will see "much of the ship" dressed in more than "smart casual".

If you only want to do one specialty dining booking in advance can make sense. However, if you want to do more than one (knowing those venues really are no different than the MDR related to dress) you might be able to save some money by purchasing on the ship.

Actually I was quite surprised to see a lot of people followed the dress code for formal nights on both nights of our 12 night Anthem cruise. Very few people didnt dress up for formal nights

I have the same question - May 19, 2018 on Freedom out of San Juan. I am betting formal nights are both the at sea days. Anyone care to offer an opinion?

9-May San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

20-May Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

21-May Cruising Cruising

22-May Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

23-May Oranjestad, Aruba 7:00 AM 11:00 PM Docked

24-May Cruising Cruising

25-May Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

26-May San Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00 AM