Tallinn on a Sunday??

We'll be in Tallinn on a Sunday in September on a Princess cruise, and we're trying to pick an excursion - some of them offer a lot of free time in Old Town but I just realized that our day in the city is a Sunday. Is it reasonable to expect that most stores and restaurants would be closed, or ...? Wondering if we should pick a tour with less free time in town as we might be wandering around staring at a lot of CLOSED signs :o:loudcry:

We'll be in Tallinn on a Sunday in September on a Princess cruise, and we're trying to pick an excursion - some of them offer a lot of free time in Old Town but I just realized that our day in the city is a Sunday. Is it reasonable to expect that most stores and restaurants would be closed, or ...? Wondering if we should pick a tour with less free time in town as we might be wandering around staring at a lot of CLOSED signs :o:loudcry:

Was just in Tallinn 2 Sundays ago and everything was open. I even had a need to buy a cable for my phone and went to the mall just outside Old Town. Every store there was open also. Tallinn is very walkable so unless you have something you want to see outside of Old Town or the vicinity, I would forego an excursion and just do it on your own.