Mendenhall Glacier & Whale Watching Photo Safari Excursion

Summerprincess

Hello All! We will be on the Juneau in July on the Star Princess and are very interested in the Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Watching Photo Safari. Has anyone done this excursion this year? We are hoping for great views of the glacier and a terrific whale watching cruise with opportunities for excellent photos. I am wondering we will get views of the glacier that are different that what we would get simply visiting the glacier on our own and going to the visitors center and going from there. Any insight and/or firsthand experience anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

If it's like my trip a few years back.... the whale watch happens in Favourite Channel. You then ride a bus to the Trail of Time for pictures. I wished we had more time at Mendenhall. It was operated by Gastineau.

http://www.stepintoalaska.com/excursions/whale-watching-mendenhall-glacier-photo-safari

Thank you very much for your reply. It is very helpful!

My first post on this forum. Just another vote for Harv and Marv. We went with them 3years ago and they were extremely good and are highly recommended ( check out their trip advisor reviews).