SeaDream I Nov 27th Sailing

dewla

OK, here is the first update. I know, it is only Nov 26th. But......we are here in St Thomas, so thought we might as well start.

We arrived around 5pm into St Thomas. Took a taxi/van to the Marriott (claims it holds 15 passengers, OMG do not know where they would have put the other 7 people!!).

Had a pleasant surprise, was upgraded to a beachfront room in the Morning Start Resort! Gorgeous ocean view, actually BEACHFRONT, can hear the ocean as I type.

A bottle of Champagne awaiting us in the room (well ok it is Spanish sparkling wine, but drinkable with a little OJ). Had a nice little.....um.....interlude, and now dinner and drinks await us at Havana blue!

Look forward to seeing everyone on the Seadream I tomorrow!

Dewla

Where are my sailing buddies??

We are relaxing on our balcony, listening to the waves (which we could hear all night!), drinking coffee, eating breakfast......

Had a GREAT dinner at Havana Blue. Love the decor. Felt like Miami/NYC on the ocean. Yummy brie with yucca chips and yummy ceviche with coconut milk and mango. Dinner was a macadamia encrusted rare ahi (tuna). Dessert (yes I am officially OFF my eating healthy) was a chocolate cake with molten center.

FYI, very pleased with the Marriott. Love the room right on the beach. Incredible view, only a few feet from the ocean. Free champagne nice touch. Typical Marriott room. Not the Four Seasons, but perfectly fine! Nice white bedding, warm honey colored wood trim, granite counters in bathroom, beautiful balcony.

Off for a quick workout. Then to the ship!!

(How early can we board??? Before 2pm??)

ooh -definitely jealous as it has been cold here for the past couple of days (20 degrees Fahrenheit on Thanksgiving night)

While Thanksgiving leftovers are a nice tradition, I'd trade instantly for a Sea Dream meal. On past trips we have never boarded early (not for lack of trying, maybe they just needed to make sure there was enough champagne on board) but good luck if you try.

FT

Thanks for the update Dewla!

Glad to hear that you had a good experience at the Marriott. We always opt to stay in the Morningstar side as we enjoy the beach!

Coco Joe's is also a great place for a cheeseburger on the beach:p

I agree with FT that I would trade the turkey for SD's cuisine for Thanksgiving ... heck for ANY holiday.

Hope to see another report!

Archived