Flying into and out of Long Beach Airport

mysusie45

Plan is to fly into LGB day before cruise. Will stay at hotel near World Cruise Terminal. They have shuttle to terminal. Wondering best way to get to LGB after cruise returns supposedly at 6:00 or so in the morning. Flight to Seattle leaves mid afternoon. Price of taxi? Public transport? Shuttle of some sort? Any info or ideas greatly appreciated.

Plan is to fly into LGB day before cruise. Will stay at hotel near World Cruise Terminal. They have shuttle to terminal. Wondering best way to get to LGB after cruise returns supposedly at 6:00 or so in the morning. Flight to Seattle leaves mid afternoon. Price of taxi? Public transport? Shuttle of some sort? Any info or ideas greatly appreciated.

We just did this in April on the Ruby.

First time flying out of LGB! Loved it!

Took Uber. $23.

Long Beach Airport is our little secret. Best Little Airport in the country. A taxi is about $40 from the ship and San Pedro terminal has plenty of them. Ride is about 20 minutes long. If you have some spare time before your afternoon flight, check out the Pike area including the Aquarium. Long Beach is a great destination. http://www.visitlongbeach.com/attractions/

LGB unlike most airports, will not have a long TSA security line. We have only 41 commercial flights per day. I have never been in line over 10 minutes.

Long Beach Airport is our little secret. Best Little Airport in the country. A taxi is about $40 from the ship and San Pedro terminal has plenty of them. Ride is about 20 minutes long. If you have some spare time before your afternoon flight, check out the Pike area including the Aquarium. Long Beach is a great destination. http://www.visitlongbeach.com/attractions/

LGB unlike most airports, will not have a long TSA security line. We have only 41 commercial flights per day. I have never been in line over 10 minutes.

I think there were 4 in ours. :o

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Be aware of Yellow Cab! Driver deliberately confirmed our first time flying into LGB before getting on freeway.Took the long way. 405 to 110 south instead 405 to 710 south,almost doubling the miles! That was a $70.00 mistake! UBER going back $18.00!

Just curious... Is Uber even allowed to pick-up at LBG ?

Srpilo

Earlier this spring Uber was given the clearance to pick up inside the airport (At the center median) as a trial. I think it has to do with the Taxi service that will be hurt by Uber coming in. I used Uber in May and it worked like a charm. Prior to that you could walk to the cell phone lot and be picked up there. There may an added fee for airport pick up, look closely when requesting your ride.

Earlier this spring Uber was given the clearance to pick up inside the airport (At the center median) as a trial. I think it has to do with the Taxi service that will be hurt by Uber coming in. I used Uber in May and it worked like a charm. Prior to that you could walk to the cell phone lot and be picked up there. There may an added fee for airport pick up, look closely when requesting your ride.

It seems like each airport has its own rules. Up here at SeaTac any for hire car picking up at the airport must get 45 mpg. So whereas I have no problem getting an Uber to the airport getting a ride home can sometimes be difficult. Basically you'll be riding in a Prius.