Seattle - will we have enough time to do more?

cuterlmt

We land in Seattle at 10:55am after a non-stop flight. The plan is to take a cab from the airport, and drop our luggage at the Amtrak station, and spend the next few hours (our Amtrak Cascades' train leaves at 6:50pm to Vancouver) exploring.

We would like to go to the Skyview Observatory, and have a meal before we get on the train.

Would we have time to do Pike Place Market? or is that just too much? We are pretty active, and won't be lugging anything but a backpack along with us once we take our luggage. Walking is no problem, but I wouldn't be opposed to inexpensive mass transit, if necessary.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all.

Absolutely not a problem. You're about a five minute walk from Amtrak to the Columbia Tower and from there maybe twelve minutes to the market.

I can't recall if you can actually check the luggage that early for the Vancouver train or if you'll be using the left luggage facility. If it's the latter, you'll need to be back to the station 60 minutes prior to departure, which they have enforced with great vigor a time or two. <sheepish grin>.

Enjoy your stay in Seattle.

wow. I didn't realize they were that close together! Sounds great. I'm already researching restaurants at Pike Place, but recommendations would be helpful. I'm sure hubby would like some good fish and chips. Something hearty to see us through the train trip, and arriving in Vancouver pretty late.

Thank you so much!