Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port

HippieChick02

I booked a one night room at Days Inn as I had a special online deal and this hotel claims to have shuttles from the airport as well as to the cruise port. I just needed one night before my cruise. Flying in super late arriving 11 p.m. I read a lot of reviews and there was one that mentioned their flight got in at midnight and they were still able to use the hotel's shuttle service. However, since then, I've read other reviews that say the shuttle is hit or miss, that it's hard to find or that they call the hotel repeatedly and sometimes it doesn't even show. So now I'm worried. Unfortunately, because it was a special, it's non-refundable, so I'm wondering if I made a mistake. Has anyone stayed here? Is it clean and safe? How was the shuttle service? Or is it so bad I need to bite the bullet, cut my losses on my non-refundable fee and book somewhere else? (Note that I'm not looking for a nice, on the beach hotel with lots of amenities... literally just need/want somewhere I can sleep for the night, preferably with shuttles so I don't have to pay extra for transportation on top of the hotel stay.)

Eeek... that was my fear. Stinks that it was non-refundable, but I think I'd rather lose money than not feel safe. Several other threads mention Hyatt Place booked through ValueTrips.com which is still more than I want to pay but it appears to be closer to the airport and port, still offers shuttle and looks nicer.

We like Extended Stay America on 17th Street. They have shuttles both ways (although I don't know about late at night), rates are reasonable, and it's in a good location. We got a bit of a discount last time by booking through AMAC (Association of Mature American Citizens).

Thanks everyone! I'm cancelling my reservation there despite it being non-refundable. I've requested Hyatt Place through ValueTrips but I haven't heard back yet. But I have several other choices on or near 17th Street as backups now: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Holiday Inn Express and Crowne Plaza.

Thanks everyone! I'm cancelling my reservation there despite it being non-refundable. I've requested Hyatt Place through ValueTrips but I haven't heard back yet. But I have several other choices on or near 17th Street as backups now: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Holiday Inn Express and Crowne Plaza.

Also now when I look at Hyatt on line I can book direct for even cheaper then valuetrips for next April. And this way I am booking direct . Just a thought.

Also now when I look at Hyatt on line I can book direct for even cheaper then valuetrips for next April. And this way I am booking direct . Just a thought.

Just checked and booking direct is more for my date, but I still haven't heard back from ValueTrips... how long does it usually take to know if your request went through? Is there someone I can contact to check the status? I'd like to know if my date is available thru them, because if not, I need to book one of my backups before they fill up.

Just checked and booking direct is more for my date, but I still haven't heard back from ValueTrips... how long does it usually take to know if your request went through? Is there someone I can contact to check the status? I'd like to know if my date is available thru them, because if not, I need to book one of my backups before they fill up.

I booked last Tuesday at the Hyatt thru ValueTrips for my pre-cruise night in Sept. I still haven't head anything back from them regarding confirmation. I think the only way to see if it was booked is to call the hotel and ask for a confirmation.

There is no decent Days Inn anywhere in the world. Even the "best" one is NG.

That being said, Hyatt Place is fine. Good area; no fears. And even if you have to take a taxi from airport, it will be very inexpensive.

I am a local.

I booked last Tuesday at the Hyatt thru ValueTrips for my pre-cruise night in Sept. I still haven't head anything back from them regarding confirmation. I think the only way to see if it was booked is to call the hotel and ask for a confirmation.

I actually just got my confirmation email from them yesterday so if you haven't gotten yours yet, it might still be coming.