Deck 14 Oasis of the Seas - Metal wall between some cabins?

Has anyone stayed in the adjoining staterooms on Deck 14? Ocean View?

I wanted to get a connecting room for my parents and for my family and was successful but now i'm wondering about the metal walls that seem to be between a few of the cabins on Oasis of the Seas. I'd hate to get a connecting cabin and then find that you can't see each other (or drop the divider) on the balcony.

I called RCI and they say that the divider on that balcony should be able to be dropped. Heck, I didn't even know they had a chart that showed what rooms can open and what rooms cannot open.

I'm not worried about the noise level on Deck 14 because of what's above it but darn, I'd be upset if one of those metal walls was between our rooms! Anyone have any experience here?

They're telling me that no other OV connecting rooms are available for our sailling. Wouldn't be the worst idea to have to walk in the hall between rooms but with babies I certainly see the benefit.

I'm guessing you are referring to the fire barriers. If by "connecting" you mean only the balcony dividers as, I can confirm 100% that it won't be a problem as the fire barriers are only on the interior. On our last Allure cruise we had 7698/7700 and had the fire barrier between the two cabins. We were able to open up the balcony divider without any issue what so ever. What specific cabins do you have booked or are you looking at?

Regarding the deck 14 noise level some people have stated that when out on their balcony they can hear the music and general activity going on from the pool area but you shouldn't hear anything while inside your cabin. Also, the amount of noise will depend on the location of your cabin.

Again, if you provide the cabin #'s I'll take a look for you and give you my 2 cents.

I'm guessing you are referring to the fire barriers. If by "connecting" you mean only the balcony dividers as, I can confirm 100% that it won't be a problem as the fire barriers are only on the interior. On our last Allure cruise we had 7698/7700 and had the fire barrier between the two cabins. We were able to open up the balcony divider without any issue what so ever. What specific cabins do you have booked or are you looking at?

Regarding the deck 14 noise level some people have stated that when out on their balcony they can hear the music and general activity going on from the pool area but you shouldn't hear anything while inside your cabin. Also, the amount of noise will depend on the location of your cabin.

Again, if you provide the cabin #'s I'll take a look for you and give you my 2 cents.

14682 and 14684 is what we currently have. Take a look at a view of Oasis from the side. Where those rooms are there seem to be metal support "walls" that extend through the balconies of a few cabins. See what i'm talking about?

Not talking about the physical walls between the rooms but just on the balcony. I'm wondering if that impeeds someone from being able to open those balcony dividers simply because there isn't one! Ha!

There are some cabins that have solid metal bulkheads at one side of the balcony that can't be opened. I had some photos taken from another ship when we were alongside and will see if can locate them. Seems it was about every 8 - 10 cabins.

Since the Star Princess fire, all ships built after that date have to be designed so that the vertical fire zone boundary does extend out to the balcony. Another requirement from the Star Princess was that all balcony dividers be able to be opened for fire team access from balcony to balcony. The dividers at the fire zone boundary should not be opened, but many cabin stewards, looking to remain in their passengers' good graces, will open them anyway. Some ships will have fixed partitions between balconies to prevent passengers requesting and cabin stewards acceding to the request to open a divider and broach the fire zone boundary.

• 3 weeks later...