Help - Gift Idea

I need to find something - either a small replica of a cruise ship - or an ornament would work too, as a means of announcing a gift. I plan to give my sister and her husband a cruise for their 30th Wedding Anniversary on the Freedom.

Does anyone know if they have any ornaments depicting the Freedom? If not the Freedom, we have sailed the Legend, Radiance, and Serenade most recently.

Any ideas or suggestions where I might find something like this?

Help, Help, Help!

Guest cruzr44

Have you thought about wrapping a Royal Caribbean brochure along with a few small beach or cruise items (water wallet, flip flops, sunscreen)?

Most of the ships sell Christmas ornaments. I doubt you can get one of the Freedom as it's not out yet, but perhaps someone on these boards can pick up one for you when they cruise. If not, there are websites that carry all different types of ornaments. Do a google search for cruise ornaments and you should be able to find something.

Thanks JerseyGirl3 and Cruzr44 -

I always good at coming up with ideas for someone else but when I need an idea for myself it's like brain freeze.

If an internet search comes up negative, I may take your suggestion Cruzr44 and wrap the Crown & Anchor Magazine that featured "Surfs Up" on the Freedom. I'm sure they'll get the idea.

If you're any good on a pc picture program, take a pic of the freedom then put the couple on it waving with a headline. Frame it then wrap that. Or put their pics some other place in the picture with 'Happy Anniversary' Welcome aboard your anniversary cruise. That would be cool. My anniversary is in May by the way, just so you know. lol

Bronner's sells cruise ship ornaments. They also sell hand painted ornaments, so you could list the ship's name, date, etc. on that and wrap it up. Then, you'll have an ornament for the tree to remember your cruise for years to come.

Thanks Mamacruisediva, Jkrislc, and BeachBumMama - Such wonderful ideas.

I actually just put together a picture of the Freedom as BeachBumMama suggested. It looks like a magazine cover and turned out wonderful.

I may also do the make your own ornament idea, since I can print and paste to one of those clear do it yourself ones.

By the way - if I could afford it - I would treat all you to a cruise LOL - but I've been saving for this one since August 05 for them and still have another year to save. But, my Sis is worth it.

Thanks again everyone for such innovative ideas.

Thanks Mamacruisediva, Jkrislc, and BeachBumMama - Such wonderful ideas.

I actually just put together a picture of the Freedom as BeachBumMama suggested. It looks like a magazine cover and turned out wonderful.

I may also do the make your own ornament idea, since I can print and paste to one of those clear do it yourself ones.

By the way - if I could afford it - I would treat all you to a cruise LOL - but I've been saving for this one since August 05 for them and still have another year to save. But, my Sis is worth it.

Thanks again everyone for such innovative ideas.

I want a sister like you... I have brothers instead.

Have fun!

Bronner's.com

-do a search for "Glass Cruise Ship Ornament" it is like $8.50, not too bad-cute ornament too-just checked it myself. It's not the Freedom particularly, but it is a very cute cruise ship. They have another ship-type ornament of a captain checking his manifest-

good luck

I have had the pleasure of taking most of my sisters on cruises and they have been wonderful experiences. I have gotten to know my older sister so much better; our friendship has been much deepened by the cruises we have shared.

Happy sailing to all of you! :)

Any ideas or suggestions where I might find something like this?

I giving the gift of the cruise to my parents too! I will give them each a hat with an R and C on it (BTW their names begin with those letters) and under the hat (and under the tissure paper) I've printed out a picture of the ship with the itinerary on it. Hopefully they'll both be sitting together WITH the hats on reading the paper at the same time for THE PICTURE!

Hello ElvisandTracy, Travelgrrl, BeachBumMana -

What the heck - I'm going to get the cruise ship ornament too. It is cute.

Thanks to all of you for the help and comments.

Bronners just emailed me a confirmation that my ornaments shipped out today-hope they get here soon, I am getting my tree on Sunday!!! Enjoy the ornament.

Archived