Post Cruise Ideas and Questions (Car Rental, Hollywood Beach, Parking, Seafood Bar?)

HippieChick02

So based on other threads I've read and tons of reviews and research, I'm thinking my best route of post-cruise activity would be to rent a car and take it to Hollywood Beach to chill before my evening flight, but I have some follow-up questions...

• What car rental services would be available either directly at the Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port (or offer a pick-up/shuttle from there) AND allow me to drop my car back off at the FLL airport?
  • Where is there parking at Hollywood Beach?
  • I've only found 2 seafood bars on the beach, Oceans 13 and Ocean Alley. Has anyone been to either and can recommend one over the other? Or did I miss anymore that are worth checking out?

Bonus Question: If I find that I'm craving Mexican rather than seafood after a week-long Caribbean cruise, which Mexican restaurants on Hollywood Beach would you recommend?

So based on other threads I've read and tons of reviews and research, I'm thinking my best route of post-cruise activity would be to rent a car and take it to Hollywood Beach to chill before my evening flight, but I have some follow-up questions...

• What car rental services would be available either directly at the Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port (or offer a pick-up/shuttle from there) AND allow me to drop my car back off at the FLL airport?
  • Where is there parking at Hollywood Beach?
  • I've only found 2 seafood bars on the beach, Oceans 13 and Ocean Alley. Has anyone been to either and can recommend one over the other? Or did I miss anymore that are worth checking out?

Bonus Question: If I find that I'm craving Mexican rather than seafood after a week-long Caribbean cruise, which Mexican restaurants on Hollywood Beach would you recommend?

Hollywood Beach has metered street parking everywhere as well as a parking garage on Johnson Street, next to Margaritaville.

Seafood: Oceans 13 is a bit of a dive/sports bar. I would choose Ocean Alley (they have a great breakfast as well). You can also check out Nick's, Sugar Reef, and Latitudes (Marriott). Tark's is not on Hollywood Beach, but it is a great little seafood place (Federal Hwy (US1) near Sheridan St) - serves mainly clams, oysters, etc..

Mexican: check out Taco Shack; it's about a block west of the Broadwalk. Mamacita's (Mexican) is on the Broadwalk; average food, but margarita's served in huge glasses. The best Mexican, in my opinion, is Paquito's in North Miami Beach (US1 & NE 163rd St).

Other suggestions: Across the street from the Broadwalk, along A1A and on the Intracoastal, Giorgio's Bakery (my favorite) serves great breakfast and lunch. Capone's Flickerlight has good pizza. Le Tub is known for its burgers (and the long wait). There is also Jimbo's Sandbar and Joe's Tiki Bar & Grill.

S Ocean Drive has a ton of public parking and tons of great food options and bars. You got Sardelli for italian, Sugar Reef grill for some seafood/caribbean cuisine, ^^ Taco shack for some great mexican food, GG's waterfront bar. Just a ton of great options in that area.

There is more than enough parking on Hollywood Beach. There are a couple garages and on street parking. I don't think I've had a bad meal at any restaurants down there. Nothing that I remember as life -changing either but it was all pretty good. If you try Le Tub it is cash only, or at least it was last time I was there. Enjoy your trip.

There is more than enough parking on Hollywood Beach. There are a couple garages and on street parking. I don't think I've had a bad meal at any restaurants down there. Nothing that I remember as life -changing either but it was all pretty good. If you try Le Tub it is cash only, or at least it was last time I was there. Enjoy your trip.

Le Tub takes credit cards. They just do not allow separate checks or more than two forms of payment per table.