Cozumel- dolphin encounter question

Can anyone recommend a Dolphin encounter (either through or outside the cruise line) in Cozumel for our family of 4? One of my kids is 4.5 and one is 8.5, so bonus points if anyone knows exactly what types of encounters both kids could do! Thank you so much!!

We did the royal swim at chankannab? My 7 year old and 3 year old nephews both went in the water with us. The seven year old was able to do the dolphin push, and pull. The younger was able to do the activities from the platform, like the kiss, and high five and splash stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family did the dolphin encounter ar Chakanaab (sp?). RC does an excursion but you can also take a cab there and go to the park independently. Check out the park website for pricing and full information.

Basically there were different encounters going off simultaneously. You were assigned to your specific group.

The push and pull was a true swim with the Dolphins. I would say swimming ability was necessary. You were definitely in deeper water once off the platform and had to actually swim.

The other encounter you stayed on the platform and the dolphins were brought to you to pet etc. Approximately waist high water.

Both cases you had life jackets on. Also highly recommend water shoes - iron grates are not easy to stand on.

We went to Dolohinaris over spring break and loved it. Went early in the morning. Was crazy busy in the afternoon. We did the swim with the dolphins and our girls (and us) loved it! Probably a memory forever for us. The instructor was great and started out slow. Small group too helped. Eat and drink as much as you want too. Pictures are pricey, so be ready! Definitely recommend.

Also you can snorkel in a cove. Plenty of fish to see

Stay away from this animal torture!

By now everybody should be aware how cruel it is to have the dolphins suffer and be tortured just for some entertainmemt for uninformed ignorant tourists!:mad::eek:

Show your children educational movies like "the cove" or "black fish" instead - to educate and teach them that it is not right to torture animals for selfish vacation-fun - that would be the thing to do!

We did the Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab. We booked thru their website direct when they had one of their 50% off sales and it included lunch. One word of advice is pictures are outrageous be ready to negotiate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm definitely conflicted on the animal encounters but gave in. We went to Dolphinaris. We booked directly through them and it seemed a little disorganized when we arrived (we waited a while and then had to remind them we were still waiting), but once it got going it was good. I chose it over Chakanaab because the kids were 6 at the time and I'd heard the Dolphinaris pools were easier for kids. They stood on a platform and got kisses and stuff like that. By buying direct online with them we got a package that included pictures, which made a huge difference because they charge a fortune. We got the activity plus all our pics for less than the ship excursion.