2 hr lunch in Anchorage. Store? Package store?

Mrs.Gosse

Hi friends,

Our itinerary says that on our journey by bus to the ship from the lodge we will have a 2 hour lunch break on our own before getting back on and heading to the ship.

We will need to get water and wine to carry on. Is there somewhere to do that near where the ship will let us off or should we get it in Anchorage before we start on our land portion and carry it with us the entire time? And is it really about 2 hours?

I haven't read a single thing thing about the lunch break in any of the forums.

Thanks for any help.

OUr cruise tour also had a 2 hour lunch stop in Anchorage. They dropped us off in the center of town near the 4th avenue market place (approx 4th avenue and D street.) I would think you would have no problems finding water or wine in that general area. I don't remember a large grocery store but there were several delis with groceries, etc.

Oh and yes ours was 2 hours. About the right time to have lunch, a couple souvenir shops and maybe a convenience store. I would have rather had a little more time to go to museums and a little longer walk, however.

We're just back from similar cruisetour, though our last stop was at Kenai Lodge then onto Whittier. Sounds like maybe you're on the coach from McKinley (?) to Whittier. Our stop in Anchorage enroute to Kenai was about 2 hrs. The coach let us out at Capt Cook hotel (939 W 5th Ave) and we were given a map of the local area. There were plenty of lunch spots of all types and a variety of shopping opportunities. If you want to plan ahead, you might want to look at Google street view and find specifically where you'd like to go.

As an aside, Princess has an option to buy a case of water and have it waiting for you in your cabin. Don't remember off hand how much it was. You wouldn't have to worry about carrying the case with you. Have a great trip!

Edited by JoRoy218

Hi friends,

Our itinerary says that on our journey by bus to the ship from the lodge we will have a 2 hour lunch break on our own before getting back on and heading to the ship.

We will need to get water and wine to carry on. Is there somewhere to do that near where the ship will let us off or should we get it in Anchorage before we start on our land portion and carry it with us the entire time? And is it really about 2 hours?

I haven't read a single thing thing about the lunch break in any of the forums.

Thanks for any help.

There is a liquor store downtown -

BROWN JUG DOWNTOWN WINE & SPIRITS

930 W. 5th Avenue

Anchorage, AK, 99501Phone: 907-258-0930

View Hours

HOURS

Monday10:00am - 12:00am

Tuesday10:00am - 12:00am

Wednesday10:00am - 12:00am

Thursday10:00am - 12:00am

Friday10:00am - 12:00am

Saturday10:00am - 12:00am

Sunday12:00pm - 12:00am

Our streets downtown run alphabet north and south, and the alphabet starts towards the mountains and runs out toward the water, and numbers east (mountains) and west (inlet).

The store above is on 5th between I and K. So, no matter if you get dropped at the Captain Cook, it's across the street on the south side of the hotel. If you get dropped off at Egan Center or the Dena'ina Center, you will head towards the water, versus towards the mountains.

Hope this makes sense.

Susan in Anchorage :)