Fare Games

Recent offers from several cruise booking companies are touting fares that have "free" OBC and gratuities PLUS are "fully combinable" with most of the common programs including senior, occupational and shareholder fares prompted me to wonder if I should cancel my January 14th, 2008 cruise booked in February 2017 on Oasis and rebook this cruise for the amenities.

..............Naaaah..........with the less than optimum cabins and decks still left for this cruise I would have to pay around $900 MORE to rebook for all these "GREAT" perks that are "FREE"........and that would not include any penalty that I might have to pay my booking agency.

.................Another Fantastic, too good to be true deal. BUYER BEWARE WHAT LOOKS TO BE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.............cause it isn't

It isn't really too good to be true, it is quite true. It just isn't a good deal for you. I would look on the positive side, if you haven't found anything better, that means you got a good deal on your cruise. Price changes do vary based on time of year and popularity of the cruise. The deals are always changing. I just look forward to my cruise and don't spend too much time looking at prices.

However FYI you can always pay for an upgrade if the price of a better room comes down.

Thank you Tbone for your comment. You are correct in your observation that I may have gotten a good deal but as you well know many, many on CC look for cruise prices to go down or perks to go up.

I usually stick with what I bought but the current sale looked enticing especially with the combinability with shareholder credits and free gratuities....................sort of like good bait for fish.

Buy when the price is right for you and stick with it despite new bait is the lesson here.