Review of Oasis, 6/4-6/11

Well, we took the plunge and booked Oasis for Dec 2018! So we go from the sweet, lovely, little Grandeur (just got off yesterday) to our favorite and so far largest ship Freedom ( March) to the biggest ever for us! With the off season rates we decided to splurge & booked an Aqua suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice to see my review keeps getting bumped. Sitting in the terminal waiting to board as I type. Considered a semi-live report but just post another longish review after we get back.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the review. Will be back on Oasis in Sept and glad to hear about using 3 drink offer in dinning room. Haven't been out of new terminal in Canaveral yet.Used old pier 10) . booked back to back on Freedom in nov/dec and back on her in feb. out of Lauderdale.Thanks again. Bob The Villages

Hey Bob,

We're fellow Villager's also and will be sailing on Oasis Sept 17th. We have lived in Pennecamp since 2010 and love everything about the Villages and cruising.

Skip

Nice to see my review keeps getting bumped. Sitting in the terminal waiting to board as I type. Considered a semi-live report but just post another longish review after we get back.

Looking forward to this review... leaving in under 2 weeks for my turn!:eek::)

Looking forward to this review... leaving in under 2 weeks for my turn!:eek::)

Careful what you wish for. I finished day two earlier and it's so long it's giving me a headache. I also fear it's full of less-than-interesting details. I decided to do a traditional day-by-day review and I'm already regretting it.

Anyway, for better or worse, stay tuned although it may take the better part of a week and I'd rather post it all at once.

Hey Bob,

We're fellow Villager's also and will be sailing on Oasis Sept 17th. We have lived in Pennecamp since 2010 and love everything about the Villages and cruising.

Skip

We met a couple Villagers on-board last week.

DW's parents (who took us on the cruise reviewed in this thread) also live there.

I'm thinking a roll call for residents of The Villages might produce quite a list.

Worst cruise ever on Oasis, a T/A from Southhampton. Ship was not ready after a two-week yard period, Crew were surly - even had an IT tech swear at me. Huge lines for everything. Very poorly managed embarkation. So bad that RCI gave us 25% credit towards a next cruise. Didn't;t compensate for the really bad experience.

I am amazed at all the bad experiences yet I know most people only tell you the bad. Well I'm going on the oasis for the 3rd time next month and I love the big ships and just love Royal. That's my 2 cents worth

We will be on the Oasis Aug 13. You mentioned in this review that there are other ways to get cheaper internet (don't need Stream) besides the ore cruise rate. Can you elaborate please. Thanks. BTW great review.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on the Oasis Aug 13. You mentioned in this review that there are other ways to get cheaper internet (don't need Stream) besides the ore cruise rate. Can you elaborate please. Thanks. BTW great review.

If you're Diamond, each member gets either a free 24-hours of Surf or $19.99 towards any purchase. So if you have two Diamond members and don't mind skipping a couple days, you can do something like skip Sunday night since you'll have cell service until the ship leaves port, have one member use their free 24 hours at some point on Monday which will last until that time of day on Tuesday, skip the rest of Tuesday, then have the other member use their $19.99 credit to purchase Surf for the remainder of the cruise on Wednesday at $12.99/day. You won't quite have access for the whole cruise but it works out to significantly less than paying $100 pre-cruise for Stream for the entire time.

Hope this helps. Glad you enjoyed the review.