Escape...couple of questions.

Hrhbob

Yes.

Do you prefer "bed-near-balcony" or "bed-near-closet"?

13746 should be "bed-near-balcony" while the other 2 should be near closet.

How can you tell which cabin is which lol. Cruising on the Escape in September, and I'm very curious now. ;)

Edited by Angela61280
Spelling

We went in November on our last trip, Water was flat. They do assist you on and off the boat. I guess it really depends on the weather. But none of the reviews i have read said they had to swim.

The trip involves a catamaran that has a set of steps off the front of the boat. There is no dock they pull in to shore, and drop you off in about a foot of water. As far as Handicap accessible, if a persons uses a scooter or wheelchair this would not be the trip for you. But able to climb a few stairs, and able to walk up the beach, it would be doable in my opinion.

The Description says guest must be able to swim if there are rough seas. My mother in law (in her mid-60s) does not swim and we nearly did not do this trip due to the description. After reading reviews here and on another Trip forum, i talked her in to it. It is now her (and my) favorite beach.

I also don't swim, but JVD is one of my favorite places and would love to do this. What are the odds in November that the water would be rough enough that they wouldn't pull up to the beach? I'm going solo, and this would be on my birthday so the thought of being left on the catermaran would be horrible. I read that workers on the rebel yell will assist those who need it....should I worry?

Loved this ship so much I am taking the exact same cruise again.

Bed near balcony vs. Sofa near balcony:

Closet access is a bit better if the bed is near the balcony...when the sofa is by the closet, only half of the closet is "blocked". When the bed is near the closet, you only have about 10 inches of clearance to walk in front of the closet to get things in an out.

Deck 13:

Just saying...we liked our deck a little lower because we were closer to the decks that have public spaces. We were right above Food Republic, and we didn't have to use elevators unless we wanted to go way up.

Spice H2O:

I keep seeing comments about this being loud...I don't know if the cruise I was on was a fluke or if something has changed, but the adults only sun deck is almost TOO quiet...I thought they could have used a little music piped in. I know at night when it is a dance venue it is loud, but during they day, it is very very quiet. Maybe some people up by the bar talking, but in the loungers it was all pretty hush hush.

Waterfront (deck 8):

Only way to cool down is to stop at one of the bars for a cold one. No misters, but with the ship moving and the shade, it didn't get all that hot.

I am taking my octogenarian mother with me this time ... a long with a passel full of teens. We have booked two adjoining mini suites with large balconies (they are really really large) on deck 8 so mom doesn't need to use an elevator to get to the waterfront. She uses a walker for balance, but can make do without a full on handicapped accessible room.

The decks have two loungers, two chairs and a small table. They are covered over a portion and the rest is exposed to the sun and to the views of all the cabins above you.

I hope you love this ship as much as I did!

I was looking at booking the escape for my birthday in January. The cruise departs 2 days after. My birthday is the 11th. What are the chances it's less crowded cause school will be starting after the holidays.

So I was thinking about booking a cruise the Escape for my birthday which is the second week in January I was wondering if it will be less crowded with kids due to the fact that the kids are going back to school after the Christmas break is over. I was planning on getting a inside cabin.

You will love the Escape! Just did the western Caribbean on the Escape and had a mini-suite. The difference with the mini-suite is that the bathroom is much larger (double-bowl sink and large walk-in shower with large shower head). Cabin was the same size although balcony was slightly larger. Bought the spa thermal pass and spent at least 2-3 hours a day there. Well worth the extra $. Very relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...