Check in times

Katng0826

Does for me. It asks me to choose a boarding time.

The check-in time is for checking in at the cruise terminal and has nothing to do with the boarding time for getting on the ship. You're not the first person (and probably won't be the last) to get these two things confused.

The check-in time is for checking in at the cruise terminal and has nothing to do with the boarding time for getting on the ship. You're not the first person (and probably won't be the last) to get these two things confused.

You're right. I meant..... when I do online check in it asks me to select a check-in time, not a boarding time. ;)

Does for me. It asks me to choose a check-in time.

Fixed that for ya.

It is *NOT* the boarding time, but rather the time that you will be allowed inside the terminal to begin the check-in process. HUGE difference.

Simply said: you won't be able to select a boarding time.

You can only select a check-in time, and during check-in you usually receive a boarding zone number. As soon as they're ready to board, they will start calling zone numbers.

So when am I allowed to choose boarding times?

As already stated, you cannot choose your boarding time. However, there is a way to put yourself as close as possible to the head of the line when boarding commences. If available, and you're willing to spend the money, purchase FTTF. That'll put you in the "Priority" category, meaning you can board right after Diamond and Platinum passengers. Or, choose the earliest check-in time possible. The earlier you can check in at the terminal, the lower your boarding zone number will be.

As already stated, you cannot choose your boarding time. However, there is a way to put yourself as close as possible to the head of the line when boarding commences. If available, and you're willing to spend the money, purchase FTTF. That'll put you in the "Priority" category, meaning you can board right after Diamond and Platinum passengers. Or, choose the earliest check-in time possible. The earlier you can check in at the terminal, the lower your boarding zone number will be.

And if you purchase FTTF, even though you have to select a check-in time, you are allowed to check in at any time. You can check in as soon as they open the doors.

I wish they would send out an email saying check-in times were now available but yeah just keep checking and it'll be there!

I did get an email BUT the link was buried among a bunch of other ads/link buttons. I didn't notice it but since I was checking my reservation every day for the hope of seeing a link appear I didn't miss the choice I wanted. The link appeared on our reservation page somewhere just before 200 days out.

What happens when other people on my sailing have long picked times and I am unable to? It tells me to choose but there are no options in the drop down, it just says to choose a time.

Maybe it's a browser issue. Try clearing your cache/cookies and/or try a different browser.

So if i have a check in time of 11-11:30 at Port Canaveral and get there around 11 to check in, what estimated time will I be allowed to get on the ship?? Do you have to wait outside or is the wait inside?? Thanks!!

Once you enter the building and check in, there is a seating area inside. If everything goes as planned (no delays), you should be boarding the ship by 11:45. They will give you a zone number as you check in. With that check in time, you will most likely get a Zone 1 or 2. They will board Diamond/Platinum, people with special needs, weddings, FTTF, then general boarding by zones. You should be on the ship by noon.

My Liberty cruise is exactly 6 months out today, and every day I check for a check in time. I refuse to do FTTF since my kids are in another cabin and I am not paying for it for 2 cabins. I figure that the button will just appear one day!!

What happens when other people on my sailing have long picked times and I am unable to? It tells me to choose but there are no options in the drop down, it just says to choose a time.

The times for your cruise haven't been released yet.

That happened to me for my upcoming cruise on the Dream. You just have to keep checking. The time slots showed up for me eventually.

The times for your cruise haven't been released yet.

That happened to me for my upcoming cruise on the Dream. You just have to keep checking. The time slots showed up for me eventually.

Other people on our sailing have already chosen times though?

Other people on our sailing have already chosen times though?

Then I would suggest calling Carnival web support(ext. 72599). Maybe they can see what is wrong. It seems to be very hit or miss.

They were very helpful when the check-in system wouldn't let me enter all of my return flight segments for my cruise in August 2016. The system kept saying that I had to check out of my hotel the day before or the day of the cruise. I had already entered the day of. They had to add the segments for me. They had to do it three more times because American Airlines changed my flights three times.