Spirit Review 11/19- 11/27

annie m

He is absolutely right, I was on the Dawn with over 20 foot swells for over 24 hours. The ship was a ghost town. I had most of it to myself. It's hard to balance your helemt of beer on the table in those waves :D

Which sailing were you on?

Which sailing were you on?

Can't say which sailing the prior poster was on- I know I was on the Dawn on the 10/17/04 sailing- There was a medical emergency that required we chug around for several hours until a tug came out to get the patient off of Freeport- Seas were getting pretty choppy and we had up to 27 foot waves for over 24 hours- DH and I did not get seasick-- The restaurants were fairly empty and there were about 30 people at the show in the Stardust.

We were on the Thanksgiving Spirit cruise, our 7th cruise. It was overall the smoothest of any we were on. Traveling from Bermuda back to NY I had to look out to see that we were still moving and not in port. We had a window cabin midship on deck 5 and never felt much rocking. We ate all lunches and dinners in the main dining room at the rear of the ship many times and never felt uncomfortable with the seas. I wore the patch and my DH never uses any seasick meds. We were surprised to read that people were so uncomfortable with the rocking.

You should have seen us in Alaska on Princess several years ago when the champagne glasses flew off the table and we had to hold the banisters to walk. Now that was a rough ride!

Archived