Epic W Med port or starboard

crisp1

We had a port side balcony because that's what we normally do. I thought we had good views but I didn't go to the other side to compare, so who knows ?

For the W Med cruise, I suggest you pick your cabin based on location (what's above and below, nearness to elevators, etc) instead of one side or the other.

Really it doesn't matter. The first three are industrial ports. You may be tendering in Cannes, which then it's really anyone's guess which side has the better view. Palma is a pretty port. Ideally you want to be by a bank of elevators, and NO- there is no dinging sound. I did SO much walking on my last cruise on NCL Breakaway. I don't mind walking (I do it for pleasure) but the dang carts are in the way.

Looking to book the Epic for 9/29/18 Rt Barcelona- stops in Naples, Rome, Florence, Cannes and Palma

We're already booked on this same cruise (departure date is 9/30/18, not 9/29). Our stateroom is on the port side, aft, 8th Fl. We chose our stateroom based on its location and proximity to the elevators. I'm sure we will have some great views from our stateroom.

Here is Epic in Caen ... pic taken from shore. I don't know if she always anchors in this orientation, but she did for our cruise. [ATTACH]408032[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been to Cannes 3 times on the Epic and every time she had been the other way (port facing the town), so the combination of our experiences would suggest that it isn't always the same.